Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa5x, leak from Belgium dealer.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 6:53 pm    Post subject: Pa5x, leak from Belgium dealer. Reply with quote

The secrets of pa5x part 1 to part 3

Product overview
How perfect sound can you achieve?
The Pa5X is the leading new product of KORG's world famous Pa Line, this new model will set a new standard in auto-filled musical instruments.
Pa5X has modern technology, promotes the performance of the most important parts of each instrument: beautifully rich sound never seen on any other organ! Three models will appear: Pa5X-61, Pa5X-76 and Pa5X-88.
The Pa5X was developed from scratch, making our design standards and concepts completely different. Thanks to the new technologies, we will provide future updates with powerful new features and rich resources, inspiring new style music, new sounds, keyboards and more.
Who is the PA5X for?
· Professional keyboard players
· Musicians currently want the most abundant sound & style set.
· Amateur guitar players who want high quality products.
Pianist with the ability to play guitar with automatic bass

Secrets of pa5x (part 2):
One. The new abundance of sound
• Pa5X offers a wide range of high-quality PCM audio across a variety of music genres. In addition to a host of new and unique sounds, the main foundation of music making such as strings, brass trumpet, woodwind and other acoustics is the sound produced especially for the Pa5X. More new sounds inspired by KORG from Kronos, Nautilus and SV-2.
• With multi-sound up to 160 voices and up to 24 floating sound filters for each sound, your performance can be unlimited.
• DNC (Defined Nuance Control) uses high-quality performance and sound functions to give audio joints authentic expression. Pa5X now offers 3 DNC audio controllers!
• New Style Set, Keyboard Set, Chord Sequences, Pads and SongBook have been updated to showcase the musical power of Pa5X.
• For faster access, there are 11 favorite hard keys.
• User PCM RAM capacity: 8 GB compressed (4 GB linear)
• PCM RAM capacity: 4 GB compressed (2 GB linear)
• A new "Finalizer" & "Master EQ" for Style and Song allows you to fine-tune and shape the sound of each style to your liking.
• “Smooth sound transmission” (SST) helps to avoid interrupters in the ear when switching between keyboard sets, styles or songs. It makes previous sounds and their effects sound natural when you play the newly selected music right after. You can even keep notes on old audio (on keyboard or through pedal maintenance) when you play new audio.
• Insert Effect Source:
There are two sequencers that can simultaneously play 20 insertion effects for two players (10 per player), 3 side effects for each keyboard set.
• Main effect:
6 main effects for two players (3 effects per player), 3 main effects for each keyboard set.
• Highly realistic drum performance and sound:
The new drum kit highlights the new "Round Robin" feature for authentic drumming performances. Each note uses a different pattern to enhance the authenticity of the drum, and this is enhanced by repeating the same note but creating a slightly different sound.
• The Pa5X offers specialized guitar transmission along with a specialized guitar effects section (up to 4 plug-in effects per guitar preset
New virtual dongle system enables localized data protection that can be customized in a secure way by local developers. More information will be provided soon.
The modern user interface redesigned
• 8” high resolution (800x600) touchscreen can tilt display new graphic UI and deliver new high quality graphics in all areas.
• HDMI output connects TV or computer screen on the rear dashboard provides a screen mirror or can be chosen to only display lyrics from songs or txt files
• The front is also designed. The new Matrix (pads) and Mixer (9 wipes) has a specialized strip display and 9 functional buttons. Dashboard, new screen and RGB LED lights, rhythmically coordinate.
• Dark brown wood surface combines black anodized aluminum and beautiful to express the high value of Pa5X

Secrets of the Korg PA5X (Part 3):
Creative function
• The new Pa5X recorder can simultaneously play two styles, MIDI or MP3 files, and in any combination.
• There is a powerful new Mixer with additional strip display and 9 attachable switches so that we can easily understand the current state of our mixer.
• The new 16-pad Matrix is ​​a powerful feature that can be used to play pad or mute/play tracks and more.
The fully refurbished Drawbar Organ in the Pa5X now offers spinning and amp effects found in legendary instruments such as the Vox Continental stage keyboard and the KORG CX Pa. A specialized DWB dashboard button displays the drag bar quickly and clearly.
• Most LED lights are RGB color which provides clear and detailed images at all times.
• All three keyboard models of 61, 76 and 88 are compatible with micro-SD cards. On the back of the device you will find a foldable lid on the back with a microSD memory card slot. The micro-SD card will replace the internal HD and must be an SDHC or SDXC card with a maximum capacity of 1 TB (FAT32). In addition, all machine models offer three USB 3.0 ports.
• Professional semi-weight keyboard used for Pa5X 61 keys and 76 keys while the 88 style has a deluxe hammer weight keyboard and all have aftertouch touch!
• A new sound processor, from Shift Audio, offers four high-quality harmonic voices, plus four dual voices along with a newly designed Auto-Transfer function (Korg has not said whether it will continue to use TC-Helicon).
Flexible connection
• 6 lineouts (Left & Right + add from 1 to 4 align); (Pa4X has 4 x line-out)
• HDMI output (800 x 600 resolution); (Paul4X compilation video only)
• Combi Mic input with 48V phantom power and separate volume drop
• Guitar input (with individual volume increase and decrease); (not available in Pa4X)
• Floating sound input (mono L, mono R, 6.3mm)
• Floating sound input for devices such as phones, ipads, computers.. (outstanding sound 3.5mm)
• New Styles, New Keyboard Sets, Chords, Pads and songkook have been updated to showcase the musical power of Pa5X.
• For faster access, there are now 11 favorite buttons on the hard key.
• User PCM RAM capacity: 8 GB compressed (4 GB linear)
• Localized PCM RAM capacity: 4 GB compact (2 GB linear)
• A new "Finalizer" & "Master EQ" for Style and Song allows you to fine-tune and shape the sound of each Style and Song to your liking.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds exciting. I’d certainly love to get my hands on one considering how well that would fit my workflow.

Regards
Sharp.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Sounds exciting. I’d certainly love to get my hands on one considering how well that would fit my workflow.

Regards
Sharp.

I have been waiting for a high end 88 key arranger ever since my gem sk 880, and thats a very long time.

Lets hope they add the Fatar tp 400 wood with ivory feel that Studio Logic uses in the new Numa X piano GT, its one of the best actions i played.. typical piano..

Altough i expect the tp 110 will be used, thats the new lightweight version, a bit more middle of the road like the Korg RH3 action in the Kronos..

There is also a few things missing from these early specs.. i hope there is audio over USB so the keyboard can function as an audio interface for my mac… and hopefull, they will add some build in form of DAW control to go with this..
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of useful information. Above looks like coming from informational leaflet/brochure but without photos.
kleant

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excited yes but not really from the specs so far. I was expecting more, it looks exactly as it has been speculated previously an improved pa4x with some added features not that wow in my view, I hope I will be proved wrong.

It seems like the main system is the same made some changes here and there added 1 extra fx on the keyboard sets and 4 more on the style elements I think. The same for the main fx I think it's added 1 more so now we have 3 main fx per player/per style. Will need to see it in action to know the full potential however even if 1 extra still is better than 1 less.

The localised protection usb/dongle again the same only for developers for financial gains. Shame though in my opinion they needed to remove it completely or as suggested before give all users password protection features either embedded on the system or by an external software.

The screen is improved regarding the resolution however I'm not clear about the functionality is it multitouch?! Can you change colour schemes?! What about the Accessibility features(bigger text, bigger menus, bold buttons etc)?!

Excited about the new 16 pads matrix they are a great additions will need to see it in action though how well they will perform, I'm concerned about the tempo synch, the same concern I have for the both styles or used in combination with midi/mp3 etc!

I don't mind the led colour lights personally I find them distracting but will see.

They added 2 more line outputs, and 1 line input 3.5 for ipads external sounds.

The Ram I'm more interested about and from above i think the max ram available for keyboard will be 8gb linear. Basically it seems like 2gb is reserved for the system, 2 localised and 4 for the user which is fine however nothing is written about the max number of the sample slots anywhere. All this new space and memory without the increased sample slots will be wasted on basically again only factory resources.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see anything else exciting from the specs so far.

It's seems now this is the final product probably some things software wise will change however for a ready to play prototype/product in this stage it means that only bugs and OS will be polished and make ready for lunch when Korg feels like the market is ready.

Last edited by kleant on Tue May 17, 2022 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pawlikp100 wrote:
Lots of useful information. Above looks like coming from informational leaflet/brochure but without photos.

Yes, but also a lot of missing information..

To me the 88 key version could be the perfect heart of my setup
But there is nothing about the masterkey functionallity.

The above mentioned Audio USB functionality is very important to me..
Combined with a way to setup the sliders and knobs to the left as midi controller? Not in global, but in a song..
Also as a daw controller, using one of the two players to controll a daw like ableton(or reason in my case)

I don’t think i am the only one using vst on top of mainstage and an arranger
Blazenko

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks for the information.

Let's wait and listen to the successor when the time comes...perhaps the sound can then be completely convincing.

As long as KORG offers workstations and synthesizers in addition to the arrangers, there will always be a difference in sound.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazenko wrote:

Let's wait and listen to the successor when the time comes...perhaps the sound can then be completely convincing.

As long as KORG offers workstations and synthesizers in addition to the arrangers, there will always be a difference in sound.

Altough they sound different both kronos as well as pa4x sound like korg..

You either like Korg or you prefer another brand, i don’t think this keyboard is suddenly going to change that.
Blazenko

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
Blazenko wrote:

You either like Korg or you prefer another brand, i don’t think this keyboard is suddenly going to change that.

It was not my intention to question that. I just wanted to express that there is a significant sound difference between these KORG divisions… and one should not expect too much.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazenko wrote:
Bachus wrote:
Blazenko wrote:

It was not my intention to question that. I just wanted to express that there is a significant sound difference between these KORG divisions… and one should not expect too much.

Thats very true…. Korg Japan only offers its (mostly older) sound engine to Korg Italy..

Korg Italy creates the content (sounds, styles, features around that specifically based on the european arranger player)
ANAFREE

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Bachus, Sounds exciting 👍 I have some information from a reliable source..... "leaked phone call between korg distributor and his friend" he said: There are 8 output for each track drum / percussion / acc....

8GB RAM

USB Audio Interface

Also said he is very happy with the specifications of the Pa5x and the sounds & styles quality.
Minneapolis Musician

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping there is a easy integration with DAWs for editing sequences in a computer, instead of on the PA5x using the spin wheel and a MIDI event list - a 25-year-old technology!

PA4x harmonies, Beach Boys song: https://youtu.be/3drsnU6j8Po?t=3m25s

All songs: http://www.reverbnation.com/GlennGalen
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minneapolis Musician wrote:
I am hoping there is a easy integration with DAWs for editing sequences in a computer, instead of on the PA5x using the spin wheel and a MIDI event list - a 25-year-old technology!

My wish too, as i understood correctly, we can use the USB as an audio interface….

You can for example record all 8 style tracks as 8 sepperate audio tracks in your DAW.

Sending midi up and down, should not be hard then?
Minneapolis Musician

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Korg arrangers use custom Midi events to trigger all kinds of things internally to control the music generation.

When a PA4x midi file sequence is exported and opened in a DAW, it is peppered with odd midi events all through the file. They do things in the Korg sound engine such as triggering reverbs and pads "hits", changing envelopes, change stereo balance, and many volume changes. These came from the styles that were playing.

So when you edit it in a DAW, if you disturb the custom midi events the style falls apart. It is a tough challenge to make it reasonably easy to edit the MIDI in a Daw and send it back.

For this reason I just record audio into the DAW. It is easy enough to overdub and cut and paste new portions where needed.

PA4x harmonies, Beach Boys song: https://youtu.be/3drsnU6j8Po?t=3m25s

All songs: http://www.reverbnation.com/GlennGalen
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
Minneapolis Musician wrote:

My wish too, as i understood correctly, we can use the USB as an audio interface….

You can for example record all 8 style tracks as 8 sepperate audio tracks in your DAW.

Sending midi up and down, should not be hard then?

I really doubt it ll be an 8 bus interface!
If audio over usb is supported i believe it ll be a 2in /2out or just 2out interface (the mixdown)..
In best case it could be the 6 analog outs on the back.
Wish it is enabled even if it is just 2out.It ll make life easier (less connections)

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: