Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zynthian - Open Synth Platform

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 8:19 pm    Post subject: Zynthian - Open Synth Platform Reply with quote

Hey all.
This has been around a while, but has been evolving at an amazing speed. Just wanted draw your attention to this because it might be an interesting addition to your kit.

Me personally, I’ve 3 of these. 1 official kit, and 2 tiny pocket size home builds. It’s all open source, so you can build one yourself for in around €100 euro like I’ve done with my pocket size kits, or you can buy the dedicated kits and assemble them yourself for in around €330 euro.

Insane value for money. These are VERY powerful. They support quite a large range of synths and effect plugins. Personally, I use my ones for Linux Sampler and Fluid to stream massive sound libraries.

https://zynthian.org/

Worth a look.

Kind regards
Sharp.
conundrum

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing a lot of “sold out” notices there. Even if that weren’t the case, the RPI probably would be.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the Chip shortage has kinda driven all this bananas. With regards to the Raspberry Pi itself, it seems Amazon are the worst as they clearly allow price gouging.

Thankfully, the PI’s can be bought in various different places at normal prices. Stock goes quick though, so it’s a case of keeping an eye on things.

Kind regards
Sharp.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new do it yourself set with the 4 knobs makes this certainly a lot more interesting..

You can load any LV2 synth sound engine, and even pianoteq works in this bocks, which makes it a really great addon for people with cheaper instruments that don’t have no top end piano on board..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: