Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WavesArt Kronos Japanese 9-feet Grand piano

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:27 am    Post subject: WavesArt Kronos Japanese 9-feet Grand piano Reply with quote

WavesArt proudly presents the last release of premium Acoustic Grand Pianos palette for discontinued flagship Korg Kronos ,
Japanese 9-feet Grand piano.

Piano Features
- 6 GBs of per key samples / 150Mb in streaming mode
- 8 Main piano velocity layers of over 50 sec max natural duration with extraordinary velocity dynamics.
- Strings Resonance of 4 velocity layers of over 50 sec max natural duration
- Strings Release of 4 velocity layers of natural duration
- Piano mechanical FX of Up-Down Pedal of 3 velocity layers
- Piano mechanical FX of hammers & Keys on-off
- Piano lid position adjustment
- Karma rhythm section for piano rehearsal

Thanks for reading

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Mon May 09, 2022 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds really nice, warm and well rounded.
Listening on headphones here, so, very nice.

Regards
Sharp.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks James
It's the best piano I have created not from sound developing side , but it's the first piano I've made from many other high
rated grand pianos , with just a few slight artifacts in 704 velocity samples that's why is so rounded !

I wish the best for your father and fast recovery !

Best Regards

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
wocongming

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Thanks James
It's the best piano I have created not from sound developing side , but it's the first piano I've made from many other high
rated grand pianos , with just a few slight artifacts in 704 velocity samples that's why is so rounded !

Best Regards

before i buy this,...
does this sample have the SAME issues ALL the other Kronos pianos have?
ill give a few examples...
1.the G and Ab above middle C are always TOO LOUD compared all the other notes.
2.the middle C C# and D sound like youre hitting a metal pole(except for the dark german ground only)
3. the F# above middle C and the C# 1 C above middle C always sound tinny and punchy.
4. in the bass section there are notes that have a deep woody quality but then other notes being thin and without that. it sounds extremely uneven cause of that.

and thats just SOME of the flaws in the kronos pianos. There are at least 3 other problems that i dont feel like typing.

DOes this Japanese piano also have some of these flaws? thanx
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wocongming wrote:

I won't mention artifacts of Kronos factory pianos since the overall feel of all these pianos is not attractive for me at all from the first listening
only German piano is rounded without artifacts since samples are digitally processed that's why it sounds plastic and fake.

Technically speaking , all natural grand pianos have "flaws" with ringing harmonics in specific notes , for instance Fazioli & Bosendorfer have
the heaviest artifacts / flaws and things will be worst if sampling mic positions are wrong and many things will be wrong in sound developing
if velocity velocity multisamples are not uniform in exact same velocity group.

In latest years , special piano's hammers have been improved and produce less artifacts and ringing and Yamaha CFX is the leader of them
with less artifacts and Steinway after 1980 production series follows.
All the success of emulation is the precise sound developing of skilled sound engineers that will create the required uniform velocity layers
where the slight artifacts of notes will be vanished.

Since you can't get a demo version of our Japanese Gnd 9-feet , you can create and send us a mid file with all those notes you can see
flaws with Kronos pianos and we will send you back a wav file played with our piano to discover it yourself.

Regards

wocongming

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
wocongming wrote:

I won't mention artifacts of Kronos factory pianos since the overall feel of all these pianos is not attractive for me at all from the first listening
only German piano is rounded without artifacts since samples are digitally processed that's why it sounds plastic and fake.

Technically speaking , all natural grand pianos have "flaws" with ringing harmonics in specific notes , for instance Fazioli & Bosendorfer have
the heaviest artifacts / flaws and things will be worst if sampling mic positions are wrong and many things will be wrong in sound developing
if velocity velocity multisamples are not uniform in exact same velocity group.

In latest years , special piano's hammers have been improved and produce less artifacts and ringing and Yamaha CFX is the leader of them
with less artifacts and Steinway after 1980 production series follows.
All the success of emulation is the precise sound developing of skilled sound engineers that will create the required uniform velocity layers
where the slight artifacts of notes will be vanished.

Since you can't get a demo version of our Japanese Gnd 9-feet , you can create and send us a mid file with all those notes you can see
flaws with Kronos pianos and we will send you back a wav file played with our piano to discover it yourself.

Regards

why cant you just answer my question? yes or no. Yes...it has some of those flaws.... or NO it doesnt.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found none in final Kronos development , notes audition is extremely linear , but of course reference is for pianists
with knowledge of how an acoustic piano behaves !

fodendeyo

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
I've found none in final Kronos development , notes audition is extremely linear , but of course reference is for pianists
with knowledge of how an acoustic piano behaves !

Had a read and listen on your web page. Sounds smooth. Do you still get eight velocity levels in programme mode?
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fodendeyo wrote:

Had a read and listen on your web page. Sounds smooth. Do you still get eight velocity levels in programme mode?

Piano Features
- 6 GBs of per key samples / 150Mb in streaming mode
- 8 Main piano velocity layers of over 50 sec max natural duration with extraordinary velocity dynamics.
- Strings Resonance of 4 velocity layers of over 50 sec max natural duration
- Strings Release of 4 velocity layers of natural duration
- Piano mechanical FX of Up-Down Pedal of 3 velocity layers
- Piano mechanical FX of hammers & Keys on-off
- Piano lid position adjustment
- Karma rhythm section for piano rehearsal

Jogger

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wocongming wrote:
AntonySharmman wrote:
Thanks James

Best Regards

before i buy this,...
does this sample have the SAME issues ALL the other Kronos pianos have?
ill give a few examples...
1.the G and Ab above middle C are always TOO LOUD compared all the other notes.
2.the middle C C# and D sound like youre hitting a metal pole(except for the dark german ground only)
3. the F# above middle C and the C# 1 C above middle C always sound tinny and punchy.
4. in the bass section there are notes that have a deep woody quality but then other notes being thin and without that. it sounds extremely uneven cause of that.

and thats just SOME of the flaws in the kronos pianos. There are at least 3 other problems that i dont feel like typing.

I agree about the smoothness with a lot of the pianos coming with the Kronos. The Berlin grand has a couple notes above middle C that ring differently than their neighbors. Very noticeable if playing solo.

The Dark German grand sounds smoother.
I'm wondering what the difference is with the Kronos German grand?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: