Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA4X & KRONOS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davekalbach

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Pete for checking in to the setup.

My stacked plan was the same as yours (Pyramid Style) with the larger keyboard on the bottom, which for me is the Kronos.

It sounds as if you may be utilizing the Sound Engines from the Kronos, while playing your Pa4x which I think is a smart way to go. From what I've heard online (ear not gossip) so far the KRONOS sounds a bit better. I might have to play with the LOCAL setting setup to see if I can do the same, I think what we discussed will have me playing all of my sounds though the Pa4x, unless I leave LOCAL ON which will likely then play both keyboards.

Since I mentioned the sound quality. I've seen a few factory demo's and tutorials on the Pa4x. Many of them have that "MIDI backing track" kind of sound to them. But when I watch Demos by Steve McNally the Pa4x sounds incredible. Is he just selecting Styles, Sounds and Songs that sound great, or is he just that good?

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: