Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavestate SampleBuilder & Native issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TBK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:47 am    Post subject: Wavestate SampleBuilder & Native issues Reply with quote

As I've seen noted in various posts, I too have run into the issue where I can run Wavestate Editor Librarian on my W10/x64 computer with no issues, however whenever I try to run either the Wavestate SampleBuilder or the Wavestate Native applications, the user interface displays for a few seconds then just disappears with no outwardly-reported error message.

In both error cases, I see the same sequence or errors in the Windows Event Viewer: Event 1000 (Faulting application name: Sample Builder.exe) & Event 1005 (Windows cannot access the file Program: Sample Builder
File: ).

In researching the occurrences of these types of errors, I guessing they might be related to both applications actually requiring a computer with CPU supporting AVX extensions (Intel i3 series or newer).

I don't see anything explicit on this minimum requirement on the Korg website so perhaps I'm wrong - Just wanted to share my conjecture in hopes it might clear up this issue for some of us with "older" Intel CPUs.

Comments from Korg reps welcome, as well as a plea to provide a version NOT requiring AVX if that indeed is the issue.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AVX extensions?
Your CPU would have to be over 10 years old to predate that?

A "Windows Event Viewer: Event 1000" could suggest something entirely different is wrong with Windows itself.

Strange one. Hope you figure out what's actually going wrong.

Kind regards
Sharp
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that this is due to a missing dll; see my other post about version 1.0.3, just released.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: