Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sample request

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loopman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:21 pm    Post subject: Sample request Reply with quote

It would be great if someone here (maybe who knows, the Master QuiRobinez Smile? could make a video explaining what can be done when importing a user sample into Modwave Oscillators A or B
I am an incurable nostalgic of the Roland V-Synth and as I have not yet found anything like it in modern times, I would like to understand what the ModWave can do in processing and mangling user samples.

My request for an explanatory video " about user samples" also applies to WaveState.

Thanks to all in advance
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have lots of examples and tutorials about the modwave and wavestate on my youtube channel that answers your questions.

The main thing to remember is that the modwave can not only use samples (like the wavestate), but that it's also possible to convert samples to wavetables. And that is a huge difference when diving into sound design.

Here's a tutorial explaining how to create your own wavetables for the korg modwave

And here's a tutorial where i show how to create a wavetable from a picture.

Here is an example song i created with only the korg modwave and custom wavetables

based on your mangling question, here's an example of what the modwave makes it unique when working with wavetable positions. In this example i created a vocal sample with my own name and with the modwave you can select start/end points in that sample and the speed of the sample, all in realtime (and that's just the start of what you can do).

When refering to samples, here is a tutorial how to create a sample library for the korg wavestate (but it works exactly the same for the korg modwave)

There are a lot more examples and tutorials on my youtube channel, but i hope these couple of tutorials are answering your question.

if you got any further questions don't hesitate to ask.
loopman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuiRobinez, thank you so much for your reply!! I appreciate it a lot

I wonder one thing: but as far as the functionality and potential of Wavetable synthesis is concerned, which is more powerful than the Korg ModWave? Or the Waldorf Iridium?
bloomes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks @QuiRobinez!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg ModWave All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: