Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

nanoKONTROL Studio + Cubase Pro 12 wo issues driving me mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
event2020

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:28 pm    Post subject: nanoKONTROL Studio + Cubase Pro 12 wo issues driving me mad Reply with quote

Windows 10
Cubase Pro 12
Kontakt 6 v6.7.1

I have more wierd issues with my nanoKONTROL Studio in Assignable mode.

After MUCH hassle and hours spent searching for any information on google (there is none) on how to set the nanoKONTROL Studio to control the Expression, Vibrato and Dynamics of the Spitefire range of Kontakt librays, I have figured some things out all except two...

Sending midi cc 21 to knontakt and recording the movements of the Modulation (Dynamics), Expression and Vibrato faders as I manipulate them with the nano studio.

The CC 21 Issue.
I can assign every other cc number to kontakt but no matter what I do the nanoKONTROL Studio will not send CC 21.

I have tried clicking on the Vibrato control, deleting its current assignment (cc 21), and then clicking Learn Midi, this works for ANY other number except CC 21
My kontrol Studio is definitely assignable mode and after changing the Studios CC Assignments in the Korg software, I chose "Write Scene".

Start Cubase, create a new project, insert an instance of Kontakt, load any Spitefire Strings library and the nanoKONTROL Studio Fader 1 sends CC 1 to Modulation (Dynamics), Fader 2 sends CC 11 to Expression but Fader 3 does nothing, nada...

Spitefire use the same CC numbers across all of their librarys
1 Modulation (Dynamics)
11 Expression
21 Vibrato
Is there something that I am missing?

The Recording the CC Data issue.
In my project I insert an instance of Kontakt, and then Spitefire Studio Strings.
I write some notes in Cubase's Piano roll, play it back to make sure Kontakt is out putting sound.
In the main window, I make sure that the midi/instument track is highlighted/selected, in Kontakt I click on the library so that it has focus, then I click on Kontakts "write automation" button, start the track playing and move the nanoStudios faders.

It should record my automation but it does not..

Driving me mad, bloody bonkers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: