Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trinity + Cubase Pro 11: MIDI Recordings Suddenly Out of Key

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soniclight

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:41 pm    Post subject: Trinity + Cubase Pro 11: MIDI Recordings Suddenly Out of Key Reply with quote

Below is a copy of my OP at the Steinberg Cubase Pro forum that explains what is going on. It was suggested that maybe the DAW and audio interface (Behringer) were in different Hz and bit rate, but they are not.

While I have created many of my own Progs and Combi, I've never transposed any of them, and my Trinity Global Master Transpose is always at +00 unless I temporarily need to bump it up or down by an octave.

As an experiment, I copied the same MIDI files I had recorded with the Trinity into Cubase's native HalionSonic SE VSTi, and they do play back in correct key.

So there must be something weird going on between the Trinity and Cubase.

So far, no solution found.

DAW: Cubase 11 Pro, MIDI and Sound Banks Keyboard: Korg Trinity 61-Key.

I’ve run into this before and I need to figure out why it happens. While not the smartest thing to do, I record my MIDI files in one track, each lane dedicated to 1 instrument from the Trinity. In this case, I’m doing a call and response between bass and keys.

When satisfied I convert each to audio and pop them in their respective audio tracks. As happens, one decides to fine tune or change something, and so I go back to the MIDI track to edit. Then as happened today, out of the blue…

I have to use the MIDI Modifier Transpose of the Keys MIDI file by +2, and the Bass by -1 for each to play in the correct key so as to go in and edit them. When click to view the notes in both files in one piano roll, the notes look right, they just don’t play right.

Until whatever happened, this was not necessary. I do not recall doing anything to the MIDI track or on the Korg side ( be it any Global or sound banks, Combi or Program).

That said, I have maybe inadvertently done something, or not.
Your advise and assistance much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: