Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T1 repair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lsyrkin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:36 pm    Post subject: T1 repair Reply with quote

I am absolutely new in Korg, but I have some experience in different electronics and a couple of keyboards repair. Yesterday I bought 'as is' an old T1. It has a dead battery, lost all voices, a dark screen, and a broken floppy drive. It powers up and has a piano voice. I can read the screen without light, so it is not a big problem. The problem is how to load the factory settings without the disk and drive. I googled and found that I have two options - to load from floppy or midi. It seems to me that the floppy path would be easier. Now a couple of questions:

1. How to remove the floppy drive? I opened the top panel, found two screws holding the joystick/floppy bracket. I still can't remove this assembly. Something is holding it at the side of the keys. What is the trick? Does it require removing the bottom cover to get to it?
2. Would any 3.5" floppy drive model work or need anything specific?
3. Is a repair/service manual for T-series available online?

Any relevant information and advice will be highly appreciated.
lsyrkin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:29 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

I found a screw from the bottom that held the bracket. It is all set. I also found a service manual online.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: