Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KRONOS System Updater V3.1.4
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m not trying to be disagreeable, but did you honestly expect to buy a ten year old product and still receive feature updates?

I can’t think of another product on the market that is a) at least ten years old and b) still receiving feature updates from the manufacturer, with perhaps the exception of PCs that you can install an operating system and software of your choice on.

What “support” do you need for it? What does it not do properly that you were led to believe it would?
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeedyLee wrote:
I’m not trying to be disagreeable, but did you honestly expect to buy a ten year old product and still receive feature updates?

I can’t think of another product on the market that is a) at least ten years old and b) still receiving feature updates from the manufacturer, with perhaps the exception of PCs that you can install an operating system and software of your choice on.

What “support” do you need for it? What does it not do properly that you were led to believe it would?

I agree! Nothing stays the same forever. I see posts from players wishing for this and that over and over again. I’m so happy that Korg created this wonderful product. It does everything that I need it to do. I’m just hoping that it lasts a long long time, because I love it!
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeedyLee wrote:

Hi SeedyLee,

I know that Kronos is already an old product and I don't expect much from KORG. At least, I would like to have all of the Nautilus improvements since they share the same engines. Also, it would be good to keep creating new sound libraries for both Kronos/Nautilus.

Regards,
Dimitris
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it is because I have keyboards going all the way back the Yamaha TG77, and SY99, but I am not fussed about the fact the Kronos is no longer for sale

It still sounds great and, for me, is rock solid, and I still feel like there is loads to explore, despite having owned mine since 2014.

Sure it would be nice for more updates - I'd even be happy to pay a modest fee as development is not free and a small company does not have an infinite number of developers all willing to work for peanuts.

But if nothing more happens to my Kronos, I still love it.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
steveyoung29

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Seedy,

If Korg could update the Kronos with Piano Role editing in the sequencer, at least 32 Midi tracks (I'm not sure there is any board that has this) in the sequencer and Midi over USB, I'd be content. In my view, that would make the Kronos (or any board) the base of my rig. The Fantom has Piano Role so that makes it the focus of my interest when I have the funds to buy it. I think the Fantom was released with more functionality and just hasn't needed the updates for features that should be included. I think the people at Korg make decisions about what not to include on their products.

Steve

SeedyLee wrote:
Steveyoung, I’m surprised you are disappointed regarding updates for the Kronos. The fact that it is 11 years old and still receiving software updates at all is quite impressive.

By comparison, the Roland Fantom G was released in 2008 and received its final software update in 2011. The Jupiter 80 was released the same year as the Kronos and received its last firmware update was early 2015.

So what makes you think Roland’s track record is better than Korg’s in this regard?
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don‘t expect further updates generally. Korg did a great Kronos job with their classy staff and management back then, with incredibly well done updates, before the present younger management did nothing remarkable at all for the great Kronos concept they inherited.

If these new Korg managers now decide that their updated EP engine is only for the Nautilus with its crappy keybed and ultra poor controller surface, that‘s their choice.

But when the same management is offering an OS update for the sole purpose of enabling more library buys, without at least bringing the Kronos to Nautilus EP engine level, it is my choice to say „No thanks, I will not spend a single cent for any more Kronos libraries regarding this state of things.“

So everybody has their free choice. Smile
JonSolo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dimitris wrote:
For me it's not even a year since I bought my Kronos2!! 11 years are since the first Kronos release. I believe, at least, Kronos2 owners stiil need some more support!

Regards,
Dimitris

The Kronos 2 came out in 2014. That is 8 years ago.

I bought my Kronos 2 a few months ago....but that doesn't change the age of the model.

Kronos (2011), Kronos X (2012) Kronos 2 (2014) Kronos SE (2019) has had lots of support. But even the most recent version is over 3 years old.

http://www.solosounds.net
http://jonsolo.me
http://www.soundcloud.com/jonsolo
http://www.twitter.com/thejonsolo

Windows 10 | Intel i9 9900K | 64 GB RAM | Scarlett 18i20 | Nektar Panorama P6
Korg Kronos - 88 | Korg Kronos 2 - 61 | Roland Fantom 6 | Push 2 | Maschine Mk2 | Slate ML1 | JBL LSR308/310
Nuendo 11 | Ableton Live 11 | Reason 12 | FL Studio 20.9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: