Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WaveState Global Tempo option

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwquestion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:49 pm    Post subject: WaveState Global Tempo option Reply with quote

I got my WaveState a few weeks ago. I am loving it with the exception of the tempo. If you change the patch/performance the tempo moves to the new selection. I can see how that is good for some things but I would really like to be able to set the tempo and hold it until I set it to something else. Something like a global tempo hold? Is this possible in some way or just a pipe dream.

If it is not possible how is everyone else changing the patches/performance without jumping to a new tempo? Do you just have to stop playing and tap it in really fast?
bwquestion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:49 am    Post subject: Global Tempo Sync for all 4 LFO options Reply with quote

Second issue tempo related is Tempo Sync for the four LFOs changes with patch/performance change.

There really needs to be a way to lock all tempo related components.

If I am missing something obvious someone please reply.

If this does not exist, Korg Dev, please give us some option in the global menu that we can turn on and keep any tempo related items locked in until we change them

Think of it as moving the tempo items from the patch level up to the global level. That way tempo based settings are not lost when sounds change.
hephiroth

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may not be possible for you or a perfect solution, but if you can have anything transmitting a tempo via MIDI, then that will override the performance’s tempo (assuming you have clock source set to External or Auto).
bwquestion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hephiroth wrote:
This may not be possible for you or a perfect solution, but if you can have anything transmitting a tempo via MIDI, then that will override the performance’s tempo (assuming you have clock source set to External or Auto).

Thanks for the tip. At least it is a starting point. In 30 years I do not believe I have ever had this type issue with a synth or other keyboard. Tempo has always been kept globally. I guess it is my fault for not checking that before buying but honestly I never thought anyone would do it differently.
bwquestion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hephiroth wrote:

Was worth a shot but still not it. With the tempo on external it is always looking for tempo from something else and that is expected. With the Auto, it only uses the tempo when it is coming in. It does not remember the tempo it received. If the clock stops it goes back to whatever random tempo happens to be stored in the patch.

I am beginning to think I made a mistake in buying this device. Is there a place where we can request a fix for this? Am I really the only person having this problem?
hephiroth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwquestion wrote:
Was worth a shot but still not it. With the tempo on external it is always looking for tempo from something else and that is expected. With the Auto, it only uses the tempo when it is coming in. It does not remember the tempo it received. If the clock stops it goes back to whatever random tempo happens to be stored in the patch.

Right, I generally have my Wavestate connected to my Kronos, and on a Combi that controls a few other devices on various timbres, so I can set the tempo on the Kronos and have it remain constant on the Wavestate if desired.

Mostly, though, I’ll be honest that I like to have the wavestate set to Internal clock specifically because I want to hear the performances at their intended tempos. That said, the option would be even better!

I don’t know if he’s on these boards, but Dan Phillips from Korg’s Wavestate team is sometimes on the Ultimate Korg Wavestate Facebook group. Might be worth posting your idea there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: