Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome doesn't boot

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozzie286

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:56 am    Post subject: Krome doesn't boot Reply with quote

My father took this Krome in for repair about a year ago, it just needed the SD card replaced. I believe that we replaced it and it was working, just needed to be put back together. Unfortunately, he's no longer with us, so my brother and I are trying to wrap things up and get stuff back to customers. Currently, the Krome doesn't boot, it has lights on solid on the back and around the joystick, but nothing on screen, with either the old or new internal sd cards. We also can't get any audio out of it. We've got a pair of headphones in the headphone jack, and when powering on there's a click, but nothing afterward. We're not 100% sure that there's not something more we need to do to get audio out of it, we're electronics techs, not musicians.

We've tested all the voltage test points on the mainboard and all came back good, so it doesn't seem to be a power issue. There are also no obvious signs of anything "popped" or burned on the board. Anyone seen an issue like this?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The internal SD card needs to have a bootable file structure present. Has this been done?

Does the screen backlight appear to come on?

If there is an SD card in the rear SD card slot, remove it and try booting the Krome again.

ozzie286

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SD card was written from an image I found on this forum, so I assume it has the bootable file structure. It's also doing the same thing with the original SD card, which previously booted to an error. The screen backlight does not come on, and there's no SD card in the rear slot.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was some discussion about blank Krome screens a few years ago. It might be of some use:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=82872

Also here:

http://wtarreau.blogspot.com/2015/12/im-posting-this-here-in-hope-that-it.html

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85180

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: