Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MP3 recordings have too low volume

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamquar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:58 am    Post subject: MP3 recordings have too low volume Reply with quote

When I perform a song to record on my Pa 1000 the recording is not loud enough. Anyone know a way to increase the volume?
Thanks
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I very seldom record using the onboard recorder, but I just did a test to see what I could find.
The playback volume of the recorded MP3 is low, but you can turn it up by touching Global, Audio/Video and MP3/Speaker, and increase the volume.
I have MP3 volume assigned to a programmable knob, so I don't have to go through the menu, just turn the knob.
I don't see a way to control the Recording volume, but it's easy enough to turn it up when listening.
I'm sure someone with more knowledge of the Recording function will chime in.
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: MP3 recordings have too low volume Reply with quote

Jamquar wrote:
When I perform a song to record on my Pa 1000 the recording is not loud enough. Anyone know a way to increase the volume?
Thanks

I am experiencing the opposite of this on my PA700. When I record a sequence to MP3, the resulting MP3 is often too loud and I have to back it down a dB or two in an external DAW program.

I have posed the question of HOW the PA series determines the volume of the MP3 as it is being recorded. I have yet to hear an answer.

I suspect that the MP3 recording is done by recording the velocity of each track that is playing. If those tracks have higher velocity settings (which is similar but a bit different than actual volume), this may cause the MP3 to accumulate the overall volume of the MP3 into being too loud.

Your issue may simply that whatever styles/sequences you are recording an MP3 from have a lower velocity level for each track.

I am pretty sure that the Limiter is not recorded into the MP3 file, because I have recorded songs with the Limiter both on and off and the results are the same.

If you are trying to play along with an MP3 and your lead sounds are not loud enough, I would recommend that you use the Balance knob to adjust the balance between the MP3 file being played back and the lead sounds you are playing over the MP3 when both performing OR recording. That way, your lead sounds are never too loud over the MP3 file you are playing along with,

The other post about the MP3 volume in the Global Setting menu is correct as well. Setting this to 100 in the Global Menu will ensure that your PLAYBACK volume of an MP3 is always loudest.

Depending if you have changed any additional settings selected or not, one of the assignable knobs can also be routed to control the volume of the MP3 as well. Even though you may have the Global MP3 volume set to '100', you can still adjust the volume with an Assignable Knob. Make sure that this knob is also turned all the way up. You can assign what each knob does in the Global settings too, I believe. Since I am not in front of my PA board, I cannot remember which menu it is in.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you love it when a guy asks a question, you stop what you're doing, try to figure out how to help him, then post an answer. Then he disappears...no answer no thanks, no nothing.
Makes you hesitate to help newbies...
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonM wrote:
Don't you love it when a guy asks a question, you stop what you're doing, try to figure out how to help him, then post an answer. Then he disappears...no answer no thanks, no nothing.

Maybe so Smile

At least when I do answer a question, it reaffirms my knowledge of the instrument in question, or it causes me to research which also causes me to learn more Smile

No worries, at least from my part. People get their answers and sometime forget to acknowledge the information that was given. Maybe it is more amplified now in the information age.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musicwithharry wrote:
DonM wrote:

Maybe so Smile

At least when I do answer a question, it reaffirms my knowledge of the instrument in question, or it causes me to research which also causes me to learn more Smile

No worries, at least from my part. People get their answers and sometime forget to acknowledge the information that was given. Maybe it is more amplified now in the information age.

Grace,
Harry

Maybe so. At least you have a good attitude! Smile Or maybe I'm just accustomed to the old ways. No problem, we don't do it for any reward; we do it to be helpful.
Jamquar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:04 am    Post subject: Thanks Guys Reply with quote

Appreciate all the answers and help. I was hoping to get my keyboard back from the shop to try them out. Touchscreen froze up Again thanks and sorry not to respond sooner
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for getting back to us. Sorry you are having so much trouble and hope they get it repaired soon.
I was too hasty in my other post and I apologize.
Sakmandig

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:19 pm    Post subject: MP3 recording makes no sound Reply with quote

Hello,

I would like to ask you for a help with a bit different problem.
After many years a tried to do something on my Havian 30 but did not succeeded even though several years ago I was able to do that.

The problem is - when I record some MIDI file and then want to record it to the MP3 format, the recording works, but after the recording has ended and I play MP3 file, it makes no sound. The duration of this audio file is flowing but no music is playing. I tried it on Havian 30 itself, and then tried it with MIDI files from Pa 300 on USB put into Havian 30, but the result was the same (Pa300 has newer version of software than Havian 30). I tried various adjustments of volume and balance and also unmuted the instruments but nothing.

And that it is. As I have not been working with this instrument many years, I can not remember what I am doing wrong. Maybe it is only a small thing to adjust, I do not know. I have not been making any changes in the instrument, global, etc.. so I am not sure what to do.

So if you have ever met the similar problem I would be glad If you shared a solution with me.

Thanks a lot!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: