Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Auto-remapping factory Program references Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Space Girl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject: Auto-remapping factory Program references Question Reply with quote

I just purchased samples that don't fit my Kronos 2. I downloaded them directly from account at new shop site and thought they would be for K2 as they normally are but these need Auto-remapping.

Can anyone tell me does Auto-remapping factory Program references, mess other programs or combis up? I'm still a bit unsure about re-mapping even after reading manual. Will it just point the KFC/PCG to program locations for just those samples you loaded?

Not sure if it's an error on shop site, not giving you option for Kronos 2 downloads vs Kronos /Kronos X yet?

I have many messed up combis already probably cos Iv'e never done this and go back and forth loading custom PCGs. I just don't want to mess anything else up.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, never ever attempt this before doing a complete backup (Save All). This option only appears if you are using an old PCG file (some third party files are like that - which show their age). IMHO this function is rather silly as it implies one never changed the order of the factory programs since day one. If it is the case and you have a K2, then you can go ahead with the auto-remap and it will create the correct correspondences. Personally, I install new libraries manually in the programs/combis I want. Takes a while, but it is much safer. Oh and did I mention I always do a complete backup first ? Wink
Space Girl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I always do plenty of backups, thankfully.

So once auto-mapped, will all older PCG's be the same as they were and point to the correct progs when they were saved/ made still when I load them? Or will I have to re-automap again?

I've installed so many new sounds and never changed the factory program location probably because I didn't understand everything fully and still don't really. This was my first ever workstation. Now I feel the need for a 2nd Kronos just so I can get all my progs the way I want them, ARRGGHH.

I have lots of custom PCG's now to go back and forth with but going back and forth, one does start to loose the PLOT somewhat.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there,

I totally agree with you that the Kronos PCG etc file structure is far from easy. Some useful freeware to help you for this also are TidyKronos and PCG Tools. They offer ways to see which programs are used in combis, etc. Simply Google those two freeware names to download them. You could also contact the creator of PCG Tools and ask him to help you, he is a nice guy and knows tricks you could try using his freeware to achieve your goal if ever you have problems. And as mentioned, on the worse case your backup is your "undo button" in case you want to revert everything as you have now. Hope this can help.
Space Girl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello & thanks for the reply KK!

Unfortunately, PCG Tools simply won't work on my PC and I have tried so many times to install it and asked the creator for help, he was very helpful.

I will see how TidyKronos is and hopefully that will work.

I noticed that OS upgrade 3.1.3 suggests on the info page about auo-remap and, something about Kronos editor & a plugin editor3. I wondered if this OS might make the Soundquest editor work properly, or if it is talking about a totally different editor regarding Kronos editor. Have not seen a plugin 3 editor.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Yes definitely also try the Kronos Editor 3. it has it own advantages and along with TidyKronos it will certainly help you.

I also saw your other topic about installing many third party sounds, hopefully your K2 SSD still has enough room, but as mentioned in terms of memory you will have to create different KSC files to load different series of sounds. It takes a while to install everything correctly with correct links without overwriting things like wavesequences, but those freeware will help you save time.

Many Kronos owners have more sounds that the max RAM limit can load at any one time, so that's the best solution. For example, you could create one KSC for orchestral/classical, another for film soundtrack, another for atmospheric/landscape or any particular combination of sounds you might need for a given session.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: