Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crash problem with my brand new Korg Kronos 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephen Butler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:59 am    Post subject: Crash problem with my brand new Korg Kronos 2 Reply with quote

Hello:

I bought a brand new Korg Kronos 2 from Professional Music Technology and I have had it now for two days.

I also have an original Kronos 88. That instrument I bought in 2012 and is still going strong - works perfectly, except the USB MIDI appears to have died. I heard that that could be an issue with Windows 10. I don't know yet as I have not been able to install Windows 11.

Anyway, my new Kronos sounds great, in some ways better than the old one but twice now I have had the message: A problem has been detected. Please turn the KRONOS off, wait for 10 sec, and then turn it back on.

I have read on other forums (forae?) that it could be caused by...guess what? Many different things! A hardware issue such as memory or battery seem to be the most popular, which means sending it back to the shop because they sold it to me only two days ago, meaning the initial warranty is still in effect. The other cause may be a power surge, which is strange because my other Kronos has worked for ten years and there has never been an issue like this. A further issue could be an upgrade of the firmware or a complete factory reinstall, but from what I've read it didn't seem to solve the problem.

I don't know if anyone has any other ideas? No? Back to the shop we go...

It's funny, my wife and I always said we would have just one Kronos, but the second one was most definitely unplanned. I think we were just happy Christmas was finished with. x

Cheers,
Stephen[/img]

www.vipersquadron.com
www.stephen-butler.com
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you have connected to the New Kronos when it crashes?
USB? 5-pin Midi?

I usually got that problem when using USB midi plus 5-pin midi at the same time. And learned to just set up my iPad app programs as needed, to just be there ready and no switching settings on iPad while connected to USB midi+audio.
If you have USB devices connected, i would consider those being the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: