Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next arranger model - NEW DESIGN vs UPGRADE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazenko wrote:
D575 wrote:
You wonder if these leaks are intentional ? (I seam to remember something similar happening like this with Genos)....or is someone in trouble with there NDA.....may be we will here some news from korg virtual booth @Believe in Music shortly ?......

Of course, KORG doesn't give a sh.. to speak a clear word here....

After these „leaks“, the high expectations set in advance are somewhat dampened.

Maybe that's the intention...?

I would find that a strange way for company who would have put a certain amount of effort into a new product to then try to dampen expectations with a unofficial prerelease (leaks).... if we are to speculate let's just imagine for one moment Korg did intended these leaks??? I think it would make more sense this by design is intended to generate excitement......damp squids don't sell products Smile
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazenko wrote:
D575 wrote:
You wonder if these leaks are intentional ? (I seam to remember something similar happening like this with Genos)....or is someone in trouble with there NDA.....may be we will here some news from korg virtual booth @Believe in Music shortly ?......

After these „leaks“, the high expectations set in advance are somewhat dampened.

Dampened?

I think most people here can’t wait to hear and see more..
Blazenko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
Blazenko wrote:
D575 wrote:

Dampened?

I think most people here can’t wait to hear and see more..

The following things annoy me:

that the Pa4X is still advertised quite normally on the Korg homepage and that it is no longer offered by many music retailers
and here no word from Korg

that there are old bugs in Pa4X that haven't been fixed yet

that the really useful change requests like an increase in the number of total samples are not taken into account, but things like Kaoss are implemented, which nobody asked for and its just a gimmick

... just to name a few

And you yourself mentioned a possible alternative with the Ketron SD90.

Korg shouldn't be so arrogant, because there are alternatives for customers/musicians….
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this latest video leaked today on Page 9 of this thread is starting to make it hard to say this is a fake....for me I am relaxed and looking forward to this new release, when it happens (why? Because I enjoy my PA4X).... then look out everybody for the Avalanche on this forum when light up........
Blazenko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
I think this latest video leaked today on Page 9 of this thread is starting to make it hard to say this is a fake....for me I am relaxed and looking forward to this new release, when it happens (why? Because I enjoy my PA4X).... then look out everybody for the Avalanche on this forum when light up........

Yes, I also really enjoy playing on my Pa4X.

However, I am currently very upset by Korg's demeanor.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazenko wrote:
D575 wrote:

Yes, I also really enjoy playing on my Pa4X.

However, I am currently very upset by Korg's demeanor.

Yes you are right...there is room for improvement from much of discussion on this forum...and I do know Korg + dealers are starting to take notice of this forum and others in there given native language.....companies have to start taking notice to survive in rapidly changing world.
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazenko wrote:
that the really useful change requests like an increase in the number of total samples are not taken into account, but things like Kaoss are implemented, which nobody asked for and its just a gimmick...

I entirely agree on this matter.
I myself as a full time live musician, gigging at least 3 times per week by using my Pa4X, I've never used the kaoss feature,
and don't think it's a musical option, at least not for live performance.

I think Pa4X is basically designed for live performances and Korg company should continue the development and renovation in the same goal
by giving the priority to their potential and heavy users/customer's needs.

Anyway I am happy with my Pa4X and I hope the Korg company take a look at wish list here in this forum and
listen to their customers and making a keyboard that responds to their needs.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BR wrote:
Blazenko wrote:
that the really useful change requests like an increase in the number of total samples are not taken into account, but things like Kaoss are implemented, which nobody asked for and its just a gimmick...

I entirely agree on this matter.
I myself as a full time live musician, gigging at least 3 times per week by using my Pa4X, I've never used the kaoss feature,
and don't think it's a musical option, at least not for live performance.

I think Pa4X is basically designed for live performances and Korg company should continue the development and renovation in the same goal
by giving the priority to their potential and heavy users/customer's needs.

Anyway I am happy with my Pa4X and I hope the Korg company take a look at wish list here in this forum and
listen to their customers and making a keyboard that responds to their needs.

Do not necessarily agree about designed for live performances in the context of performing at a venue.

I am pretty sure that the vast majority are used purely by the home enthusiast and that is where they stay.

At a Korg Promo evening with 40 or so attendees, the only users who used their 4X at live venues were the Shop Staff and the demonstrator himself.

On another occasion the main sales guy did state to me that nearly all their Pa4X and Genos arrangers were sold to players of advanced age.
Blazenko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Very Happy

This is Korg's secret plan.

Korg Pa5X… for the players… of advanced age.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhythrmRig & Halo"... one of the features of KAOSS changed my mind from my nitial thoughts when KAOSS was originally added...this adds another dimension to your styles/sets (you have to experiment with it doesn't work on all Styles) but works well with many genre's of music...I wouldn't be without it now and I would have no problem using it live... I hope it's carried over to the next model after PA4X.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazenko wrote:
Yeah Very Happy

This is Korg's secret plan.

Korg Pa5X… for the players… of advanced age.

No, its in the main european countries that sell most arrangers a fact that most of them are bought by people over 50 for home use.. thats their main market… and its definately holding them back

For people like me that would love a crossfade between kronos and pa4x, its more likely that the kronos follow up will get arranger features then that The pa5x will get more pro features..

I will take the pa5x is the rumor is true, korg ordered fatar tp 400 wood tripple sensor actions with aftertouch which is the same as in the new studiologic numa x piano gt, i played it and it feels incredible..
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
RhythrmRig & Halo"... one of the features of KAOSS changed my mind from my nitial thoughts when KAOSS was originally added...this adds another dimension to your styles/sets (you have to experiment with it doesn't work on all Styles) but works well with many genre's of music...I wouldn't be without it now and I would have no problem using it live... I hope it's carried over to the next model after PA4X.

When you can assign x and y of the kaoss to the assignable sliders.. using it trough the screen does not feel good.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:32 am    Post subject: pa5x Reply with quote

Did we all see this wish list ...

I like the list

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nCxoiwmqaA
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: pa5x Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:

I like the list

Yes, think i was the first one to comment on it

The problem with wishlists in general is that over time they become so large that its impossible to do all, and companies have to choose where to put development effort..

My personal list is as long as his, and most of them different.

In general thats why people that put hope in wishlists will get dissapointed.

But with Pa4x and Genos allready being incredible keyboards, they need to put in huge effort to convince people changing to their new pa5x.. because in all seriousness, the largest part of their potential customers are current Pa4x users and Genos users.

I think the 88 key version will help getting in sone new people or making people transfer just for this.. but to sell 67 and 61 key versions there is more changes required then just the outside..
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: pa5x Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
duby2 wrote:

I like the list

Yes, think i was the first one to comment on it

The problem with wishlists in general is that over time they become so large that its impossible to do all, and companies have to choose where to put development effort..

My personal list is as long as his, and most of them different.

In general thats why people that put hope in wishlists will get dissapointed.

But with Pa4x and Genos allready being incredible keyboards, they need to put in huge effort to convince people changing to their new pa5x.. because in all seriousness, the largest part of their potential customers are current Pa4x users and Genos users.

I think the 88 key version will help getting in sone new people or making people transfer just for this.. but to sell 67 and 61 key versions there is more changes required then just the outside..

+1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14

Jump to: