Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Master volume potentiometer
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the mentioned type RK09D1130C2P of potentiometer is correct , then it's from ALPS Electric isolated vertical type of 10K Turn 6mm (9.8 X 28.8mm)
it's cheap and can be found there https://www.onlinecomponents.com/alps-electric/rk09d1130c2p-10113942.html?ref=searchads360feed&utm_term=RK09D1130C2P&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpvHhufrz5gIVFeDtCh21MgqOEAAYASAAEgKT8_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
New age stereo Op Amp designs do not use the legendary stereo control with variable resistor per output channel but unlike only one that is voltage
controlling Op Amp by J-fet and Op Amp bias , so it's a rather a single 10K resistor.
This component is not exposed in dust in control panel board therefore any maintenance advice is useless and normally carbon surface do not suffer by
normal use for thousands of user's turnings , if knob is not stressed via vertical anarchy force so treat it gently !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:00 am    Post subject: Master volume potentiometer Reply with quote

Hi,
I need to replace my Master volume Potentiometer of Pa4X and I need the exact reference number of this part like the Factory original part.
I've seen a reference number posted (here in Forum) by somebody but it's not confirmed if that matches the original volume Potentiometer, 3 pins or more?

Thanks for any guidance.
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iOpus wrote:

...I will open again my korg pa4x and take the picture from the original potenciometer, the original have more than 3 pins and it is stereo rotary pot.
Hi,
Do you know by any chance the correct reference number of the potentionmeter for Pa4X master volume?
If you could check it by opening your Pa4X.
Since myself and other members need this info for ordering so It would be very helpful if you can mention it here in the forum.

Thanks
JurekL

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BR wrote:
iOpus wrote:

...I will open again my korg pa4x and take the picture from the original potenciometer, the original have more than 3 pins and it is stereo rotary pot.
Hi,
Do you know by any chance the correct reference number of the potentionmeter for Pa4X master volume?
If you could check it by opening your Pa4X.
Since myself and other members need this info for ordering so It would be very helpful if you can mention it here in the forum.

Thanks

the potentiometer definitely has three pins, it is mono
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEhDQJAovJk
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JurekL wrote:

the potentiometer definitely has three pins, it is mono
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEhDQJAovJk
Thanks for your reply.
Where in the video, shows that the potentiometer has three pins? Can't see it.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:44 pm    Post subject: Potentiometer for MasterVolume/Balance Reply with quote

BR wrote:
.. Where in the video, shows that the potentiometer has three pins? Can't see it...

At 2:28 you can see the prints with the two soldered potentiometers for master volume and balance.

To the right of the lower connector strip with the blue/black/white cables you can see the three adjacent soldering points of the master volume and to the right of the middle connector strip with the green cables you can see the three adjacent soldering points of the balance controller.

A little to the right and left under the three soldering points you can also see the two soldering points with which the housings of the three-pole potentiometers are soldered to the print.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Potentiometer for MasterVolume/Balance Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
At 2:28 you can see the prints with the two soldered potentiometers for master volume and balance.

To the right of the lower connector strip with the blue/black/white cables you can see the three adjacent soldering points of the master volume and to the right of the middle connector strip with the green cables you can see the three adjacent soldering points of the balance controller.

A little to the right and left under the three soldering points you can also see the two soldering points with which the housings of the three-pole potentiometers are soldered to the print.
Thanks siebenhirter for your reply.
At 2:28, indeed I can see the wiring that you mentioned but I don't see the potentiometer with 3 pins.

Screen-Shot-2022-02-07-at-8-20-34-AM

If this is correct can you confirm if the link below is the correct part, because I want to order it:
https://www.syntaur.com/Items.php?Item=3702

Thanks
JurekL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Very Happy
This KORG potentiometer was used in the Pa3x.
It should fit. Unfortunately, the service manual is not available for the Pa4x
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JurekL wrote:
Ok Very Happy
This KORG potentiometer was used in the Pa3x.
It should fit. Unfortunately, the service manual is not available for the Pa4x
Thanks for the clarification.

In case you can have access to inside of the Korg Pa4X, as shown in the video,
can you please take a picture of the potentiometer with its reference number.
That would be a great help.

Usually we should get this kind of info from the Korg company but unfortunately
it is not possible, very difficult almost impossible to communicate with them. What a disappointment!!

Last edited by BR on Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Potentiometer for MasterVolume/Balance Reply with quote

BR wrote:
..At 2:28, indeed I can see the wiring that you mentioned but I don't see the potentiometer with 3 pins.

The potentiometer cannot be seen as it is on the far side - but you can see the five solder pads (two for the housing, three for the potentiometer connections) that attach the potentiometer (same for balance-pot)

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had wrote at the beginning of page the type and description !
Master volume controller is a simple VCA pot and controls amp via voltage so no meaning of stereo or mono clarification , almost all panel pots are single !

Type is obviously Alps Alpine RK09D1130C2P of 10K pot where you can find it in a lot of stores like https://eu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Alps-Alpine/RK09D1130C2P?qs=seHrhfPpLDw%2FxdY1Q%252B3DvA%3D%3D

Video indeed prove the single type and also service manual reference is for 10K pot so take out rotary knob and see yourself if fits from ALPS description PDF !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
I had wrote at the beginning of page the type and description !
Master volume controller is a simple VCA pot and controls amp via voltage so no meaning of stereo or mono clarification , almost all panel pots are single !

Type is obviously Alps Alpine RK09D1130C2P of 10K pot where you can find it in a lot of stores like https://eu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Alps-Alpine/RK09D1130C2P?qs=seHrhfPpLDw%2FxdY1Q%252B3DvA%3D%3D

Video indeed prove the single type and also service manual reference is for 10K pot so take out rotary knob and see yourself if fits from ALPS description PDF !

Thanks Antony for the reply.

Unfortunately I've never opened any keyboard myself to look inside, don't have no experience in this filed
and I prefer a technician to take care of it... Very Happy
Do you know by any chance if the Balance knob of Pa4X uses the same potentiometer?
that way I can order two of them and change for both Volume and Balance knobs.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BR wrote:

Unfortunately I've never opened any keyboard myself to look inside, don't have no experience in this filed

I did not said that , just take out knob to see input shape according to
https://tech.alpsalpine.com/prod/e/html/potentiometer/rotarypotentiometers/rk09k/rk09d1130c2p.html
all others fit ...
I presume all pots are the same type.

pa4x_user

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Returning to this discussion of early 2022, has anyone actually purchased and successfully installed the RK09D1130C2P Alps Electric knob as was recommended by Antony Sharmman please.

My volume and balance knobs are working OK now, but want to get some spares given that others have had failures and they may be harder to buy in the future.

Thank you.

Phil
Songbook+ app for iPad
Cubase12 Pro DAW software
Dorico Elements 4.2 scoring software
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
mozizo

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="AntonySharmman"
This component is not exposed in dust in control panel board therefore any maintenance advice is useless and normally carbon surface do not suffer by
normal use for thousands of user's turnings , if knob is not stressed via vertical anarchy force so treat it gently ![/quote]

Having a problem with the Master volume pot also,
so there is no point trying to clean to pot with contact cleaner ? only replacing the Pot ?
if worth trying cleaning, what is the best cleaner do the job and more importantly avoiding damaging electronics and PCB by doing so ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: