Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Innovations for arrangers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blazenko

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the youtube link is true, there is only upper 1-3 again, no dials and those weird colored LEDs.

The style structure doesn't seem to have changed either (4 variations, fills, intros,...).
Seems to me superficially like a Pa4.5X rather than a new platform.

I hope, that at least the sound is convincing.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazenko wrote:
If the youtube link is true, there is only upper 1-3 again, no dials and those weird colored LEDs.

The style structure doesn't seem to have changed either (4 variations, fills, intros,...).

The only way to get around both these issues is getting a fullfledged workstation ( kronos, montage, fantom, nord stage) in combination with the ketron sd90..

The sd90 has a 2nd arranger mode called launchpad, which is a combination of an arranger and ableton live matrix.

I am currently considering this switch but have a hard time choosing the workstation. I decided to wait to see what the pa5x brings us.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
Blazenko wrote:

The only way to get around both these issues is getting a fullfledged workstation ( kronos, montage, fantom, nord stage) in combination with the ketron sd90..

The sd90 has a 2nd arranger mode called launchpad, which is a combination of an arranger and ableton live matrix.

I am currently considering this switch but have a hard time choosing the workstation. I decided to wait to see what the pa5x brings us.

I Love the realism on SD 90/Sd9 but problem is its LIMITED! Yes it sounds REAL, but than hey,,, you must have a second unit like the KRONOS for personal sound resource, OR midi KB, and laptop, (MAC) so for me its OK, but for some other NO!

What i like to see in this new KB is, 100%Support for Sound font, So i can make my sounds from them,
more than 15k Samples.
Better UI and OS.
More FX.
Better Voc Harm.
faster CPU, Fast file transfer.
Less buggs from start so we do not have to find them for KORG.
much better Styles and Sounds for New kind of music making (Dance,EDM,DeepHouse, Trance, Pop,Mombah,Dance Hall etc) not only Cha Cha or Beguine,
Computer programs we can use to manage files Samples Sounds DK,s etc.

And Manny more.

What we told them over and over, in Years now, is it impossible ?

If all things above is not included, I,m Done with KORG and will make a Dramatic change, I will buy a PS5 and Play Games istead Wink

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
ckobu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Asena - are you talking about a model that has 400mb of RAM that can have a maximum of 32 mono multisamples in just one Layer?
Woow Shocked
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, But i did not talk about USER SOUNDS/SAMPLES i know that fact!

ROM sounds are great, but when it comes to USER AREA, Yes its not god.

Thats why i wrote about an extra unit above, like K2 or even better Montage

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
ckobu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm just asking.
It’s like buying a Ferrari that has a 10-liter gasoline tank. Laughing
korgpask

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Pa4X and its control panel very well and all the buttons are well placed.
Great thing to control with both Display and Buttons. Excellent. Professionally solved. I really like the possibility to use FILL 1-2-3-4 independently and not the AUTO FILL replacement without buttons.
Genos removed from the number of buttons on the right that neither I nor many musicians like. This is not a good choice.

I would welcome the cancellation of the STYLE PLAY-SONG PLAY-SEQUENCER-SOUND buttons and the new Pa model working in all modes at the same time. So STYLE sound along with MIDI or MP3 and thus enrich MIDI or MP3 with sound style.

I would see another improvement in the combination of 16 MIDI track + 8 or 16 AUDIO track SEQUENCER. PAD can play WAV or MP3 loops or one shots. For this option, add M2 memory or SSD as separate memory for SAMPLE or LOOPs PAD or SEQUENCER memory. and HDD as a common storage for backups or MP3 + WAV repertoire.

(slovak)
Mne veľmi vyhovuje Pa4X a jej ovladacím panelom a všetky tlačidlá sú výborne rozmiestnené.
Výborná vec v ovládaní ako pomocou Display tak aj tlačidlami. Výborné. Profesionálne vyriešené. Veľmi sa mi páči možnosť samostane použvať FILL 1-2-3-4 a nie náhrada AUTO FILL bez tlačidiel.
Genos ubral z počtu tlačidiel na pravej strane čo sa ani mne a ani mnohým muzikantom nepáči. Nie je to dobrá volba.

Uvítal by som zrušenie tlačidiel STYLE PLAY-SONG PLAY-SEQUENCER-SOUND a aby nový model Pa pracoval vo všetkých režimoch súčasne. Teda STYLE znieť spolu s MIDI alebo s MP3 a tak obohatiť MIDI alebo MP3 o zvuk štýlu.

Ďalšie vylepšenie by som videl v kombinácii 16 MIDI track + 8 alebo 16 AUDIO track SEQUENCER. PAD možnosť prehrávať WAV alebo MP3 loops alebo one shots. Pre túto možnosť doplniť M2 pamate alebo SSD ako samostatnú pamať pre SAMPLE alebo LOOPs PAD alebo SEQUENCER pamat. a HDD ako bežný ukladací priestor pre zálohy alebo MP3+WAV repertoár.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: