Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I have two questions.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkarmy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:26 pm    Post subject: I have two questions. Reply with quote

I own a Triton classic, so I am some what familiar with the software. The problem is The Classic has been down for a few years and I forgot a ton of stuff. That is why I bought the Krome.
Q1: How do you build your own drum kit from various different Drum kits. A snare from here...Bass drum from The Jazz set, etc? I think had something to do with Global, but I am not sure.

Q2. I have version 3 update and not version 4. What did version 4 do to better the keyboard? Is it significant?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drum Kit creation and editing is done in Global mode, though it can also be accessed from the Osc/Pitch page in Program mode, using the "Jump to DrumKit Edit" onscreen button, which takes you to the relevant Global menu page.

Within the memory structure allocated to drumkits, there are 16 User drumkit slots. If an existing internal drumkit already covers most of what is needed, but just needs a bit of customisation, it should be copied to one of the User drumkits, and edited from there. If you want to take the best from different drumkits, then take a note of the relevant samples used for each of the wanted sounds in those kits and also the other parameters used. I don't think there is any way of copying single drum sounds from various kits and combining them, without doing it the "longhand" way.

Basically, any sample can be allocated to just about any key. It's worth referring to the "Using Drum Kits" section in the Krome Operations Guide, and also the Parameter Guide, since the process is potentially quite involved and time consuming, especially if there is a lot of velocity crossfading involved. It might be useful to sketch out the intended drum kit idea first. The Voice Name List for the Krome contains all of the mono and stereo drumsamples.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: