Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nautilus Restore DVDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skinny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:43 pm    Post subject: Nautilus Restore DVDs Reply with quote

I'm guessing not yet, but has anybody attempted a factory restore on the Nautilus using the .iso files that you can download from the website?

The parameter guide offers no details on actually creating these discs, and the website is somewhat vague on which files to download and how to go about the process. There are 3 .iso links; and below that there are 2 additional ZIP files "NAUTILUS/(Accessory Disc 3) Factory Preload Sounds" and "NAUTILUS/(Accessory Disc 3) Software Licenses & Source Code", and those are in addition to the "Nautilus Accessory Disc 3" .iso download.

Why are there three "Disc 3" links?

And browsing old Kronos restore threads, it seems that the unit could be picky on whether the disc is created as ISO9660 or UDF.

I'm not really sure if I even need to do any type of restore; but after installing the latest OS and attempting to intstall some new sounds from the Korg Shop, I may have screwed some things up (such as programs that say "Samples Not Loaded", yet still make sound, and programs that DO NOT say "Samples Not Loaded", yet make no sound. On some that say "Samples Not Loaded", I can tap on "Load required samples" and some show which ones are missing, and some do not; they will show something like "Unknown sample" or "Missing Ex???". Like, it doesn't know what's missing?

I already did attempt to reload the "PRELOAD.PCG" as described on page 255 of the operation guide. That changed nothing.

If anyone has any insight, I'd appreciate it.

And a gripe to end this... why DVD's? (And Double Layer ones, given the .iso file sizes. Very difficult to find these in 2022.) Why is this not able to be done from a thumb drive?
giblop

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
Anglais

yes i did the full reinstallation and thought i was going to crash the nautilus.
You need double layer DVDs and a good DVD burner then you need a usb DVD player and after the restoration you have to reset the 1.2 update I had to insist several times so that the nautilus reinstalls the three DVDs there were errors reading while my dvd had been checked.
it is not easy to do this relocation.

oui j'ai fait la réinstallation complète et j'ai cru que j'allais mettre le nautilus en panne.
Il faut des dvd double couche et un bon graveur DVD ensuite il faut un lecteur DVD usb et après le restauration il faut remettre la mise a jour 1.2 j'ai du insister plusieures fois pour que le nautilus reinstalle les trois dvd il y avait des erreurs de lecture alors que mes dvd avaient été vérifié.
ce n'est pas de tous repos de faire cet reinstallation
giblop

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pour corriger ton problème de samples manquants il vas falloir faire une full install

Bon courage

To correct your problem of missing samples you will have to do a full install

Good luck
recreational

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

giblop wrote:
pour corriger ton problème de samples manquants il vas falloir faire une full install

Bon courage

To correct your problem of missing samples you will have to do a full install

Good luck

Did you read the post? It is asking a legitimate question:

WHERE ARE THE DVD ISOs for FULL RESTORATION?[/size]

Korg apparently only thinks you need 1/3 of the recipe to bake the cake.

As a side note, I would caution people against taking technical advice that's been translated once just to be interpreted, then re-translated again just to be recieved/broadcasted.

Last edited by recreational on Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
skinny

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Nautilus Restore DVDs Reply with quote

Just an update for anyone who may ever need to attempt this...

Last night I did the recovery. I chose the "Full install", not the "Format and Full Install" option, so re-authorizing the keyboard was not necessary.

I was expecting all my saved programs and combis to be erased, but surprisingly, they were not.

Took maybe a half hour or a little more, and then a few more minutes to re-install 1.2.0.

I used an old Mac Pro 2012 to burn the DVD's. I have a dual-boot option (Catalina and High Sierra). Booted in High Sierra, and right-clicked the .iso file, and chose "Burn Disk Image to Disc" for all three .iso files.

Please note that dragging the .iso file to the blank DVD icon on the desktop and then burning did not work. The disc was not recognized as a recovery disc by the Nautilus. Right-click the .iso file and choose "Burn Disk Image to Disc". I'm not sure what the best method would be if you are on a PC.

As far as a USB DVD drive, I picked up the LG Ultra Slim Portable DVD Writer GP63EX70 from Walmart, and it worked fine. Double Layer DVD's are basically non-existent in stores these days (at least where I am) so you'd probably need to order some. I got lucky and found some old Memorex DVD+R DL discs laying around, so I used those.

So, go to https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/873/#software and download the three "Nautilus/Accessory Disc" .iso files. Burn each one to a Double Layer DVD. Find a good USB DVD drive. With the Nautilus powered off, connect the DVD drive (with the first disc in it). Power the Nautilus on, and when it recognizes the disc, choose one of the four options and follow the instructions. With the Full Install option, it will start the process, and then ask for each next disc.

That being said, I still don't know the purpose of the other two .zip files "NAUTILUS/(Accessory Disc 3) Factory Preload Sounds" and "NAUTILUS/(Accessory Disc 3) Software Licenses & Source Code" It seems like they would be part of the recovery process, but at least for the "Full Install" option, they were not. Think
recreational

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: Nautilus Restore DVDs Reply with quote

skinny wrote:
I chose the "Full install", not the "Format and Full Install" option, so re-authorizing the keyboard was not necessary.

Too bad. You could have been the first to tell us whether the given ISOs were capable of achieving this. My guess is that if you format the drive, you'll absolutely need more specific factory-state DVDs.

skinny wrote:
I'm guessing not yet, but has anybody attempted a factory restore on the Nautilus using the .iso files that you can download from the website?

Eventually we'll know!

Also, to answer your question regarding some of the disks, the "licensing and source" one is something they supply to indicate GPL compliance. These are source code files featuring KORG's modifications to the very integral GPL programs that were used in the nautilus OS build. This disk, at least, wouldn't have any business being burned or ever used in an update or restore process, since it largely consists of archives and raw source code.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: