Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Touch Screen Not Working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MRPowers

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject: Touch Screen Not Working Reply with quote

I recently purchased an Oasys 88 workstation. The system works fine but the touch screen is not touchy. Smile Ie screen works but touch does not.

Any recommendations on how to resolve?

Thanks
morreeuw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Touch Screen Not Working Reply with quote

MRPowers wrote:
I recently purchased an Oasys 88 workstation. The system works fine but the touch screen is not touchy. Smile Ie screen works but touch does not.

Any recommendations on how to resolve?

Thanks

Hi MRPowers,

My own big O has some issues with the touchscreen recently, maybe we can share our information Very Happy

For what I know, the LCD panel is NEC NL6448BC33-59, the VGA A/D a GM2110 and the digitizer a Fujitsu N010-0554-T34 (4 wires). However, the digitizer might be glued to the LCD panel and moreover the Korg's manual I retreived doesn't clearly explain how to disassemble the screen (it shows the different screws but it's not a step by step how-to!).

A trap on the back let us access to the VGA connector and duplicate with an Y-splitter, I guess it would be possible to connect an external 15" display and a 4 wires compatible 15" digitizer, I'm astonished that nobody ever tries. Also, I've seen several videos @ YouTube but it has to be taken with some salt: for example some are dismantling the rear side of th big O to change the battery instead of opening the main trap as explained in the user manual!

If anyone has some good clues on how to replace the digitizer without destroying the whole thing, please you're welcome.

Regards.

PS: I would also be interested on how to control the Oasys "the easy way", I mean just to change the program (I really miss a "tab" button that would let me manually change parameters without the touchscreen)
UCanDream

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replaced my touchscreen several years ago and it is not difficult. Just be delicate and treat all parts like you are handling a newborn baby -- seriously. The NEC part number referred to is correct and I ordered 2 back in the day. I have a Kronos X 76 but I will never get rid of my Oasys. I will need to replace tact switches eventually, the stock ones are garbage! This is SUPER important: Mark the position of the touchscreen beFORE removal. I eyeballed mine without marking and I missed by about 3/16 of an inch on the downside. The screen is still functional but my OCD makes me crazy when I see my flaw!! LOL. If you need further help, I can walk you through and even offer my phone number to you as needed. Up to you.

Best of luck.
~David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: