Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

our first Korg abc123.0

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemo0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:16 am    Post subject: our first Korg abc123.0 Reply with quote

Just had a bit of a look around and there are a lot of contributions to read.

Id like to ask some questions that are more generic and don't know where I'm supposed to ask them -

for example; are there any keyboard synths or modules, or bluetooth interfaces that shows the setting for all the knobs as set by a patch preset ? for example the Minilogue XD has no way of showing you what the settings are as you move through various programs - you first just have to twist on a knob until it triggers the board control, and then you clumsily readjust manually ...
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The General Synthesizers/Keyboards section might be a better place for this topic.

The Korg Oasys knob and slider positions are shown using LEDs on the front panel. The same is true for the Yamaha Montage. For the Oasys and Montage, these are just the settings for the knobs. There will be other synth settings accessible via additional menus. The Korg Kronos screen shows the main knob positions for the MS-20 and PolySix engines, which change going from one Program to another. Tapping the screen on those areas brings up a larger, more comprehensive display of virtual front panel controls.

It would requie a lot of screen real estate to display all of the possible controls of a complex synth.

The Roland MC-808 has motorised sliders that automatically move to their new positions every time a Patch is changed, and the sliders control various functions. As the slider function groups are changed, the sliders assume the positions of those parameter settings.

Although not a keyboard synth or module, the Akai APC 40 controller has controls with LED "position" indicators, that can map to controls on some virtual synths.

Likewise, the Korg Kontrol 49 has LCDs above the eight knobs and sliders, that give the value of each control, when used with the Korg Legacy series of virtual synths.

Nemo0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry i missed this post (i thought there would be a notification of replies) - but thats super helpful of you - thanks - ill look into those models. I was also hoping that software/editors for the hardware synths would show the settings for all the knobs/sliders etc as one changed patches . I recently bought the wavestate and the minilogue xd (my first synths - but have played guitar for 20 years)
and have the editor for the wavestate - but there isnt an official one for the minilogue xd as far as i can see...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> New Members Zone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: