Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drum Track doesn't play in Program or Combi mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MartinC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:39 am    Post subject: Drum Track doesn't play in Program or Combi mode Reply with quote

Hi,

I really can't figure it out. Drum track on the Kronos 2 doesn't play in neither program or combi mode.

The Drum Track knob is lit ready for the trigger that never comes. In program mode, in the upper right corner there is the tempo, a quarter note = 110, showing, I presume, that the Kronos in not slaved to an external clock.

I went through all settings in global mode but I can't figure it out what the problem is.

I use the Kronos mostly by itself but recently it has been hooked to my MacBook Pro.

I hope someone on that Forum can help me to fix that issue.

MartinC
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Kronos Operations Guide, page 273, there are several drum track troubleshooting suggestions.

MartinC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
In the Kronos Operations Guide, page 273, there are several drum track troubleshooting suggestions.

Thanks! After your post, I gave a closer look to the settings and everything looks normal. What I found though is that all UserBank for drum track in program or Combi mode have disappeared.

For example: I-010 Beautiful Piano
Common/Drum track/Drum Track Parameters - Program - U-AA 109----

The program is empty. It seems all user banks are empty. From U-G to U-CC everything has disappeared. I really don't understand how it has happened.

If in Drum Track Parameters - Program - I select another program for instance in Drum bank or SFX
Bank, then everything works as it should.

I have installed KAPro Symphonic Dreams lately I might have done something I shouldn't...

Do you have an idea about what could have happened and how do I restore those U-!!! Programs?

Thanks for your help it is appreciated.

MartinC
MartinC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have finally solved this issue. I had to restore default from Disk Menu - Utility and everything is back to normal except that I must rebuild my Set List Sad
But at least some of the changes were on a Flash drive.

Thanks Voip your input directed me toward the solution.

MartinC
tunaman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an FYI for anyone who might face this issue in the future and read through this thread - one can locate the original PCG in the Factory directory (presuming they didn’t delete it) and drill down to the specific Program and Combination banks, then re-insert them from there.

That will only restore the original Program/Combination data and not affect Setlists or other custom PC data (presuming that user data was not loaded in those locations).

And as always, a great reminder to backup often, especially before and after any changes are made.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: