Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

korg pa 1000 wont power up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
john_78

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject: korg pa 1000 wont power up Reply with quote

hi friends i had this issue before that my pa1000 did not turn on anymore and i sent it back to the store after they arranged appointment with a korg repairer the keyboard got picked for repair they said it could be the power supply problem needs to be replaced any way after 3 days i received email from them saying that there was nothing wrong or faulty the device jut power up normally and nothing needed to be repaired i got it back and yes was working normally but now again i am having the same problem its not turning on looks like there is no power going thru i tried different power cable but no luck i do not know what to do if i contact the seller he may tell me last time you said same thing and there was nothing wrong what is your recommendations any advise or help please did any one had same problem or is there a way to reset the power in korg or something else i do not know

thanks
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Pa1000 should have a 3 year warranty.
Keymn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: korg pa 1000 wont power up Reply with quote

john_78 wrote:
hi friends i had this issue before that my pa1000 did not turn on anymore and i sent it back to the store after they arranged appointment with a korg repairer the keyboard got picked for repair they said it could be the power supply problem needs to be replaced any way after 3 days i received email from them saying that there was nothing wrong or faulty the device jut power up normally and nothing needed to be repaired i got it back and yes was working normally but now again i am having the same problem its not turning on looks like there is no power going thru i tried different power cable but no luck i do not know what to do if i contact the seller he may tell me last time you said same thing and there was nothing wrong what is your recommendations any advise or help please did any one had same problem or is there a way to reset the power in korg or something else i do not know

thanks

Take a video of your problem and send it to service. Even show taking a voltage meter and confirming the cable is good. Have you tried a different outlet?
john_78

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Keymn thanks for you idea yes i did tried different outlet nothing changed the thing is i am sure from the first time there was a problem and most likely is the internal power supply but why the said there was nothing wrong after 3 days and you know what i just checked the screws underneath the keyboard there is scratch mark on them this is mean the keyboard has been opened why they opened it if there was noting wrong with it at the first time ?????
Keymn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john_78 wrote:
hi Keymn thanks for you idea yes i did tried different outlet nothing changed the thing is i am sure from the first time there was a problem and most likely is the internal power supply but why the said there was nothing wrong after 3 days and you know what i just checked the screws underneath the keyboard there is scratch mark on them this is mean the keyboard has been opened why they opened it if there was noting wrong with it at the first time ?????

I would call Korg factory tech with your keyboard in front of you. And discuss the problem.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you changed the Button Cell?
john_78

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i have not changed anything and where is that Button Cell located and what it dose ?
Keymn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject: Pa1000 doesn’t power up Reply with quote

Ask the question, “what was the last thing you did before problem occurred?”
Then call Korg factory tech. If in warranty, recommend not to open it up!
It is too bad there is no indicator When plugged in, like earlier models were in standby.
john_78

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok guys it start working it powered up today by it self after nearly 48h i was trying all this time every few hours and now its working this happened twice in about 1 month do you thing there is something faulty should i still report this to the korg tech?? i am worried now i had problem with my previous pa3x and now with pa1000 Sad i had triton extreme and x3 for many years with no problem at all but with PA SERIES i do not know Rolling Eyes probably i will go back to workstations maybe KRONOS

THANKS
Keymn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

john_78 wrote:
ok guys it start working it powered up today by it self after nearly 48h i was trying all this time every few hours and now its working this happened twice in about 1 month do you thing there is something faulty should i still report this to the korg tech?? i am worried now i had problem with my previous pa3x and now with pa1000 Sad i had triton extreme and x3 for many years with no problem at all but with PA SERIES i do not know Rolling Eyes probably i will go back to workstations maybe KRONOS

THANKS

You still should report this...Do you have anything hooked up to it? Installed sd card, etc.? I am not an expert in this but like a computer, on startup it looks at all the drives and hardware connected. One faulty item could stop it...? I feel for you in getting this resolved and believe me, you will. Have a great weekend...
john_78

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Keymn THANK you so much yes i do have 64gb sd card installed in it do you think that is the problem if this happens again i will try to remove the card and try to turn it on will see if this will help thanks again
Keymn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john_78 wrote:
HI Keymn THANK you so much yes i do have 64gb sd card installed in it do you think that is the problem if this happens again i will try to remove the card and try to turn it on will see if this will help thanks again

Certain SD cards are recommended, I think? Something to ask Korg tech...I never seen a list of ones to use...? Or not use ...? I think just email Korg and ask...?
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Button cell is inside a small panel to the rear of the keyboard, if you have had the Pa for a while it is worth changing to a new button cell.

When your Pa is functioning do insert a USB stick and format it and then perform a Backup and a Save All routine so that you have your customised settings available should Korg ask you to undertake a factory restore.
spaceair

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John same problem here haw did you resolve that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: