Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PC Editor Window size?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:56 pm    Post subject: PC Editor Window size? Reply with quote

Just trying the PC editor and the window does not seem to be able to be re-sized..

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it fixable?

Thanks

PS: did a forum search (and google) but came up empty.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

As you found out, the Kronos Editor window can't be maximized. It would certainly be practical but I doubt they will ever update it.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows has a magnyfing glass option. I don't use it but maybe it would be usefull for that. One can precisely enlarge

🌞

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, I suspected as much, oh well it is what it is.

I've used the windows glass once before I think, for something or other...not very successfully hahaha!

All g, I'll just deal Smile
Johnf_tx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: PC Editor Window size? Reply with quote

[quote="pax-eterna.1"]Just trying the PC editor and the window does not seem to be able to be re-sized..

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it fixable?

Thanks

PS: did a forum search (and google) but came up empty.[/quote]

hello,

I'm a pretty new Kronos user and was really surprised at this limitation. For what I paid for this thing, I would've really expected it to come with a little more updated software. I love the Kronos, by the way.

So, there are very many technical people here and unfortunately, I am not one of them. Surely someone has come up with some patch or work around.

Does anyone think that running the software on an old computer with an earlier operating system would fix the problem? There are lots of these PCs lying around. That's what I'm going to try.

I would really like an editor because the screen is really too small to do much with. I've looked at the expensive editor from midi quest, I believe and it also looks very dated as well as being very pricey.

How do other people deal with this?

Thank you,

John
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheap reading glasses and get a little closer to the Kronos' screen work OK this end.

Johnf_tx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:31 pm    Post subject: I found a solution to the small screen Reply with quote

I found a solution to the small screen:

Right click the program and choose compatibility. I can't remember exactly what I did next, but there is a compatibility checker. Run this. There will be options for screen settings and one of them will ask you, especially if you've run it more than once if it fixed the problem.

Tell it no and check only the box that says that the program won't run full screen.

When I did this, the compatibility checker made it full screen. But, I didn't really like this because the resolution wasn't great.

So I right clicked it again and went into the advanced options. There is a setting for improving the clarity of the fonts. I clicked this, and the size of the program was smaller, but the fonts were crystal clear. This to me solved the problem.

It wasn't that I couldn't see the image, it was that it was fuzzy. so, the reading glasses would be fine but they don't help if the images are blurry.

i'm sorry that this is so disjointed but I can't really remember everything I did. But all of it was from this compatibility setting and using the compatibility checker, which is automated. You get to all of this by right clicking the program.

I don't know what this does on Apple products but it worked on windows.

Hope it was helpful
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: