Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changes ahead?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mabcomp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:06 am    Post subject: Changes ahead? Reply with quote

I think the PA4X is the best arranger keyboard around by far and I see no reason why the Kronos has to be promoted all the time as the stage professional keyboard. The Nord Stage 3 is overrated in my opinion and overpriced. The Genos may have good sounds like the PA4X but as soon as you put your hands on the keyboard you are whisked back to Woolworths Bontempi land.

Well ya gotta create a bit of controversy now and again its half the fun of a forum.

Any successor to the PA4X in sight yet?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Any successor to the PA4X in sight yet?

Well it seems there is some excitement in "Latest News" http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=126137

I try to keep my brain clear of these rumours (and mostly fail Wink ) but it is exciting when you wonder how they can "improve" on the PA4X (other than later hardware like RAM CPU etc...) and what might be in store for us.

I have always said I would wait at least 12-18 months before buying a replacement but I'm a lot older and perhaps should dive in immediately Brick wall Beer

So if these reported Korg-USA statements have been made to some USA distributors then just maybe the remains of my tiny bank balance in is severe danger Very Happy

In the meantime I'll continue to play and be blown away with my PA4X!!!!!

Take care

Pete Very Happy

EDIT: Seems like these guys believe it's discontinued??? See "Stock status"
https://www.acclaim-music.com/Korg-Keyboards-PA4X-61-61-key-Professional-Arranger.html
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
archil

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
when you wonder how they can "improve" on the PA4X

Good out for the box sound without messing with global equalizer for a start...
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Good out for the box sound without messing with global equaliser for a start...

Can't ever see that happening because it is way too subjective and would depend on what you are playing the keyboard through.
Perhaps more presets could help....

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You’re not going to create much controversy coming to a Korg forum and praising a Korg keyboard..! Evil or Very Mad

If it’s a reaction you want, maybe try over at a Yamaha forum lol
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if a reasonable discussion about why the Kronos/Nautilus is touted as a more ‘professional’ stage keyboard, and wonder why it is considered Korg’s flagship, let me point out a few things the PA4X could sorely do with…

For starters, how about 12 freely assignable insert effects..? God knows, we could sure use that! Next is the higher resolution and larger touch screen. Admittedly, Korg have made the Kronos GUI a little fiddle in places, but that’s a function of the GUI design, not the hardware itself. The PAX series badly needs a bump in resolution and clarity, and hopefully the design team will make better choices that the Kronos’s did.

How about the modeled analog synth section? Proper analog behavior, not an approximation. The pop world is moving more and more towards synth sounds again, be nice to have a more modern engine, more contemporary lead synth sounds…

And the bump in CPU power would likely give us snappier response and more polyphony.

There’s an awful lot to like about the Kronos/Nautilus. It’s only problem to us arranger players is, it isn’t an arranger! But those abilities aren’t needed by the vast majority of live band and studio players. So how about not saying the PA4X is ‘better’ (all it is is a better arranger than the Kronos!) but concentrate on encouraging Korg to finally drop the decades old hardware and software powering the PA4X, replace it with the hardware engine from the Nautilus, and design an arranger with current gen capabilities?

Win/win!
mabcomp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject: Chages ahead Reply with quote

Korghelper wrote:
You’re not going to create much controversy coming to a Korg forum and praising a Korg keyboard..! Evil or Very Mad

If it’s a reaction you want, maybe try over at a Yamaha forum lol

I was referring to the Genos Bontempi
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korghelper wrote:
But if a reasonable discussion about why the Kronos/Nautilus is touted as a more ‘professional’ stage keyboard, and wonder why it is considered Korg’s flagship, let me point out a few things the PA4X could sorely do with…

For starters, how about 12 freely assignable insert effects..? God knows, we could sure use that! Next is the higher resolution and larger touch screen. Admittedly, Korg have made the Kronos GUI a little fiddle in places, but that’s a function of the GUI design, not the hardware itself. The PAX series badly needs a bump in resolution and clarity, and hopefully the design team will make better choices that the Kronos’s did.

How about the modeled analog synth section? Proper analog behavior, not an approximation. The pop world is moving more and more towards synth sounds again, be nice to have a more modern engine, more contemporary lead synth sounds…

And the bump in CPU power would likely give us snappier response and more polyphony.

There’s an awful lot to like about the Kronos/Nautilus. It’s only problem to us arranger players is, it isn’t an arranger! But those abilities aren’t needed by the vast majority of live band and studio players. So how about not saying the PA4X is ‘better’ (all it is is a better arranger than the Kronos!) but concentrate on encouraging Korg to finally drop the decades old hardware and software powering the PA4X, replace it with the hardware engine from the Nautilus, and design an arranger with current gen capabilities?

Win/win!

All your dreams will be reality soon Smile Untill then, just enjoy the christmas .
But, all you wrote is verry important and well explained , for that reason, THANK YOU!

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korghelper wrote:

Win/win!

All your dreams will be reality soon Smile Untill then, just enjoy the christmas .
But, all you wrote is verry important and well explained , for that reason, THANK YOU!

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:

It sounds like you know something. Don't be so misterious.
Nemydom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:
Good out for the box sound without messing with global equaliser for a start...

Can't ever see that happening because it is way too subjective and would depend on what you are playing the keyboard through.
Perhaps more presets could help....

Very Happy

That would be subjective, if they don't have Kronos (Nautilus) Why on Earth do we have to deal with shitty drum kits on PA4x and have headaches with third-party samples, to make it sound just acceptable? Kronos have excellent drum kits, pa4x costs more than kronos (or similar)... no sense. I upgraded to pa4x only because I wanted goood drums - can you guys imagine how I was disappointed when I tested the stock drums on pa4x?
So when someone says "Good out for the box sound without messing with global equalizer" I do understand what they mean! "Good sound" means the best sound Korg can achive!
Did they put their best sound into pa4x? Obviously, no.
P.s. I own both pa4x and kronos, so I do know what I am talking about.
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drum sounds are a bit subjective and vulnerable to trends…

For the kind of music that the vast majority of arranger users play, are the much more contemporary drum kits in the Nautilus a good fit? It’s strokes for folks, IMHO. Yes, you could pack an arranger with the latest greatest drum sounds… but would they work on a ballroom style, or a country swing, or a 50’s bossa?

You have to cover a lot of bases with an arranger’s soundset. To be honest, I’m not convinced that what’s in the Nautilus could pull it all off. It would nail a lot of contemporary stuff, but I’m unconvinced it could do the legacy stuff as well as what’s in the PA4X…

I am willing to be convinced otherwise with audio examples, though! If you have both, what does a traditional style run through the Nautilus sound like?
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The built in drum kits on the 4x are fantastic with a little tweaking and a mix. I've had drummers convinced it was the real thing once the ambient levels, EQ, and reverb was set. The factory kits use normalized and compressed samples with really warm saturation and close micing with no bleed at all. The ambient mix can simulate overheads and after a carefully set reverb send you can get a huge tight real sound. They are sampled from the real thing (dozens of signature kits edited to precision) and there are many ways to do round robin (subtle pitch EG, Amp EG, and LFO)
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korghelper wrote:

Win/win!

A (((+1))) from me....It would now seem illogical for Korg not to go in this direction.
usaraiya

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked Frank from AudioworksCT the same question:
"Frank,

Any truth to the recent rumor that US distributors have received a letter from Korg that the PA4X is being discontinued?
Any replacement news?

Uday"

And he replied:
"
Yes

There is truth to that,

But also, they have no info on a replacement,

Dark times

Frank Ventresca
Owner
AudioProCT "

So, it seems like it is true!!

Shocked
Uday
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: