Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I can't connect to USB -help -thank you

View previous topic :: View next topic  
altemar mirandiña

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject: I can't connect to USB -help -thank you Reply with quote

Hello friends -help me - I connect my pa 1000 by usb and it is not possible to see if this is connected to my lap top when I had the pa 1x this was so easy to do --- you only connected with your usb cable to your computer and there was your hard drive - from your korg pa 1x - but now I've tried and I can't connect - can someone tell me what it can be? (note) we know that there are two USB one to work with a daw and your computer via midi or interface - and the other USB input is to use it and download files (midis or mp3 or etc etc) to your computer or personal computer or lap top --- but this is what I can't do ----- thanks for your help ----
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the old usb connection with my Pa1x - it worked but was Oh so dangerous because you could easily wipe the drive clean or upset it in other ways.
Best way to get files from your Pa1000- to your computer would be to copy the files to a USB Stick and transfer them that way.
altemar mirandiña

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:07 pm    Post subject: hi REUBEN -- Reply with quote

hello friend REUBEN it's nice to hear from you --- well I'll do that - I thank your advice and I will transfer my files from the USB memory as you said - now I ask - I've been studying the editing of sounds in (sound) mode and I still don't understand many things --but maybe you can tell me how to convert wav sounds to pcm - so that I can introduce them to my pa1000 --- I mean sounds from other manufacturers - there I saw some (vst) from Robbie Buchanan are electric pianos (rhode affair) and I'm looking at a way to convert them from vst to pcm - I don't have much knowledge in working with those things of converting sounds like (wav vst and then to pcm) if you could clarify the way for me. I thank you very much --- I hope this does not misinterpret this, I am talking about doing something that is legal and is not something that is out of the law --- I just want to know the way to convert those sounds or something similar ---- and to be able to use them in my non-profit pa1000 that's all ... for your kind attention I thank you --and everything goes well --- blessings --friend ---
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There exits special software to convert wav to pcm but I would advise not going down that route. You would likely get a much better result with the internal sounds of the Pa1000 and using these to make electric pianos that you like.

I suggest other alternatives.
1. Load the Electric Pianos from my Pa4x/3x/1000/700 piano set. You do this by Opening the User Sounds (Open, Open etc see instructions in the thread here
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=113029) or
2. Consider expanding your sounds via software instruments (eg if you have an iPhone there is a cheap app called bs-16i that plays free soundfonts (I have lots available on my site https://sites.google.com/site/soundfonts4u/
altemar mirandiña

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:44 am    Post subject: hi reuben --are problem traducer sorry-- Reply with quote

I see that there are problems in the translation from Spanish to English -! something strange happens in google translator, I have never seen this - ok I'll tell you --- if it's already I'm editing some sounds guitars electric pianos - I'm very slow Well, I do not know many things like oscillators and many "letters and numbers that I do not understand, but as you say, you have to experiment, with patience, I ASK YOU A QUESTION - I have not updated my keyboard to 1000 I still have it as it came from factory (I have read that there are problems in updating to version (5) or the one that is at the top of the versions and I have some fear and well I hope you give me a suggestion about updating - (and what are the improvements go to version 5) I thank you for your great help and your pianos that you share with us are very good and yours is a great job --- thank you very much ---! Best regards! -
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the Pa1000 so I cannot advise on whether or not to update the latest Operating System.
midimusa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

USB connection is a little bit different than on previous models.
On Korg You must enable Korg Disk connection.
In Your manual find chapter "Managing media" and then look at "Connecting the internal drive to a personal
computer"

From wav to PCM is program called KorgPA Manager. If you wanna use simple samples then it is better to do on keyboard. But if you wanna make/use multisamples then Korg sampler can read SF2 files that consist mono samples it means stereo samples left and right separately and separate layers. For that You can find programs from internet (Awave etc.).

Your KB version is on lower of the starting screen, but this is now not most important for you.

Hopefully it helps.
altemar mirandiña

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:17 am    Post subject: hi friends---good day-- Reply with quote

I appreciate the help of all of you -and have a beautiful Christmas day --- for something, God has us here and I thank you for that ---- have a good day friends ---
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.5 is the latest OS for the Pa1000, even then it is now quite a long time since it was released.

The precursor is that v1.2 needs to be installed first, the installation manual is within the Zip file so do follow the instructions.

Prior the most essential actions are to create a full resource Backup file & a Save All file.

Without creating these files any user data will be over written when the OS update procedure is run.

Create the above files and then update the OS.

Extract the zip file content to a clean USB memory stick that has first been formatted within the Pa1000.

Insert the USB drive with the updated OS in the Pa when it is powered off then follow the instructions in the update procedure manual.

Remembering to incrementally install the prior updates in order,
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject: USB connection _ WAV samples Reply with quote

midimusa wrote:
... From wav to PCM is program called KorgPA Manager...

For Korgs Pa1000 no program is necessary to convert WAV to PCM, because with Pa1000 wav-samples can be loaded and used directly (MS Windows audio format with .wav extension).

altemar mirandiña wrote:
... I connect my pa 1000 by usb and it is not possible to see if this is connected to my lap top...

Using connection USB DEVICE of a Pa1000-port with a personal computer requires to "enable" Korg DISK / SD connection in Media page.
While USB file transfer is enabled, you cannot access other functions on Pa1000 and MIDI Over USB is also disabled.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: