Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavestat Librarian - it doesn't connect in Windows 10 21H1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jb58

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:20 pm    Post subject: Windows 11 - still no joy Reply with quote

Hi,

Just to report: today I have upgraded my Pc to Windows 11 - still no connection to my Wavestate. Maybe someone else had more luck ?
drdave2002

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey JB I'm sure the guys at Korg may not want to hear this but after reading a post from Danatkorg something kept coming back to me and it was something along the lines of you cant cross the firmware with the old editor version (or something like that) and it got me thinking....hang on I had tried so many things and they didnt work, so I tried using the old software editor version 1.0.0 while having firmware version 2.0.1 on the wavestate..

now it doesnt work everytime, but what i have noticed is if I run it after a reboot it seems to work, so its definitely not Korg or even Microsoft its my config, but as I have far too much audio software/utils/etc i cant wipe and start again, why not try the old editor, what's the worst than can happen?
Korg Kronos 61, M3-73, Karma (all-time classic), X5, Wavestate, Roland Juno Gi, JV, D110, Arturia Microfreak, Modal Skulpt, IK Uno. Nanopad2, M-Audio Venom, Deepmind 12D, Crave, TB3, Maschine Mk3, Moog Werkstat and a few other bits
jb58

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drdave2002 wrote:
Hey JB I'm sure the guys at Korg may not want to hear this but after reading a post from Danatkorg something kept coming back to me and it was something along the lines of you cant cross the firmware with the old editor version (or something like that) and it got me thinking....hang on I had tried so many things and they didnt work, so I tried using the old software editor version 1.0.0 while having firmware version 2.0.1 on the wavestate..

now it doesnt work everytime, but what i have noticed is if I run it after a reboot it seems to work, so its definitely not Korg or even Microsoft its my config, but as I have far too much audio software/utils/etc i cant wipe and start again, why not try the old editor, what's the worst than can happen?

Thanks Dave, i will certainly give it a go !
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

FWIW, I am upgrading my studio computer right now, and job one was to get all external hardware communicating with the computer again, including the Wavestate

I am on OS 2 now and Windows 10, and the Wavestate was already set to NCM, so the NCM instructions on page 4 of the manual are what I followed.

I followed the instructions in the guidance to the letter and all was fine.

There is always a moment of trepidation when you startup the Librarian and there is a pause with no indication of activity before the Wavestate contents appear, so some form of activity indicator would be nice!

I'd recommend that people with problems in this area try the following, which I have used successfully with other driver installation issues
1) Unplug the Wavestate USB connection
2) Backup and take a restore point (always prudent before a major operation!)
3) Uninstall the driver package
4) Download and run USBOBLIVION (a tool for removing necessary device driver entries)
5) Reboot
6) Retry the Korg installation procedure

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
lys_knight

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following is the kind of useless answer from KORG when using the RNDIS connection. Never again I will be buying a KORG as you will never be able to update the firmware. I have many other Synths: Moog, ASM, Roland etc which have zero issues.

We spoke to a representative at Sweetwater and they mentioned that you are still having an issue updating your Modwave and Wavestate.

We sent the following information to Sweetwater…..

The only other time we’ve seen this, it appeared to be a problem with the DNS server.

Our guess is that if you looked in Bonjour Browser, you’d see that the instruments were resolving to IP addresses starting with “23.”

From the link below, this may be caused by a problematic DNS server setting, probably on their router.

A solution would be to change the DNS server to something else, such as 1.1.1.1 (cloudflare),

See also:

https://superuser.com/questions/1459131/ping-to-any-name-existing-or-not-on-lan-results-in-the-same-public-ip

Hopefully this will help resolve your customer's issue.

Sweetwater mentioned that you were able to get the DNS server to 1.1.1.1 on your router and that still did not resolve the issue.

If you are still having an issue, unfortunately, there might be something wrong with your network which unfortunately, we don’t support. There also might be something wrong with your computer or setting.

I would suggest try using a different computer or a different DNS server to update the Modwave and Wavestate.

Best regards,

Product Support

KORG USA Inc.
adrianrees

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree I’m at the point where I know that if I upgrade to Windows 11 I’ll wait who knows how long before I can finally sync, let alone Windows 10. Really poor.
adrianrees

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked and the Korg Compatibility Chart has been updated to show that Windows 11 is ‘Under Examination’ just as Windows 10 21H1 still is.
jb58

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to confirm: Wavestate doesn't connect in Windows 11. I have decided to upgrade, since in was already not working in the last Windows 10 version neither.
teasltonerick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:36 pm    Post subject: Wavestate Librarian 1.1.1 will not connect to firmware 2.1.0 Reply with quote

Wavestate Librarian 1.1.1 will not connect to firmware 2.1.0 on win 10 21H2 NO MATTER WHAT I DO!!!

I can't even get the Wavestate Native crossgrade because of the ridiculous dependency on the Librarian connection to get the coupon.

Very very frustrating.

Update... it is now 2 months later in Sep. 2022 and nothing but crickets from Korg support.
Nadabrahma

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:00 am    Post subject: WAITING FOR DEVICE Reply with quote

Hi there,

here is another case of disconnection regarding Korg Wavestate Editor 1.1.1.
.Had installed Wavestate Upgrade 2.1.1 via "Boot method", Bonjour Service is active,
NCM is visible in Device Manager, BUT !!! A driver for that is not shown in this Manager. So, where can I get this NCM driver ?

All I see so far is "WAITING FOR DEVICE".

By the way : WIN 10 21H1.

Hope there will come a solution.

Peace
franciscoq

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: WAITING FOR DEVICE Reply with quote

Nadabrahma wrote:
Hi there,

here is another case of disconnection regarding Korg Wavestate Editor 1.1.1.
.Had installed Wavestate Upgrade 2.1.1 via "Boot method", Bonjour Service is active,
NCM is visible in Device Manager, BUT !!! A driver for that is not shown in this Manager. So, where can I get this NCM driver ?

All I see so far is "WAITING FOR DEVICE".

By the way : WIN 10 21H1.

Hope there will come a solution.

Peace
Hi, same issue here! i also have a MODWAVE, no problem with that editor even without driver... works like a swiss clock! Can somebody please fix a working editor for the WAVESTATE please? Now i understand why the second market is overloaded with wavestate's... that's a pity
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: