Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

korguser NOT able to re-authorize...???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mozartella

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: korguser NOT able to re-authorize...??? Reply with quote

I have a strange situation,

I fired my Oasys, and, for no reason, the boot process is weird, and the screen is looking with full of vertical lines, and, when it try to load, the screen, still white and blue, not the perfect blue, then, suddenly the Oasys is asking a new reauthorisation activation...

Went to www.Korguser/Oasys, and I forgot my old password and asked for a new one, with no trouble, but, when login, and entering the User ID, Korguser site is telling me either the ID or the password is wrong....

Sorry, but, I did try many times, and always the same answer....

some ideas?

thanks you
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a hardware problem.

I would suggest contacting your Korg Country Distrbutor:
http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/list.php?keyword=H

If necessary, they can access your KorgUser.net account (or can contact someone who can access it).
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Olivia,

I've just sent you a PM with the Hungarian Korg support contact details.

Akos
mozartella

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:
That sounds like a hardware problem.

I would suggest contacting your Korg Country Distrbutor:
http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/list.php?keyword=H

If necessary, they can access your KorgUser.net account (or can contact someone who can access it).

thanks both of you for your suggestions, and, this morning whent to the Hungarian Korg dealer..I also made a video, and they saw, my trouble...I hope this is not going to be the monitor, or, too much harwaes troubles...

Anyway, when the fault appear, in the bottom of the left sreen on the Oasys was, a (20) and I have no clue what it is...

just cross my finger...One of the rep, send an email to I have no clue either, and, IF, IF Korg Japan would answer, it could take until 4 months for a answer... I could pass away.... Crying or Very sad
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I searched the forum for the term "re-authorization" and the username "danatkorg". Dan Phillips already gave helpful advices regarding this issue.

I have found something that may be interesting for you:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=279847#279847
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=195115&highlight=reauthorize#195115

Or try to do more searches.

First thoughts based on the above:

1. Make sure there is no USB device connected when you boot the OASYS.

2. I think you should try to boot the OASYS from an OS installer CD (provided you have it). Put the CD in the drive, turn off the OASYS, then turn on again. I think it will recognize the CD and try to boot from that. See what happens.

3. You (or the service man) should open the OASYS - unplug it from the mains first, of course - and check if there is a loose connector that must be tightened or maybe some dirt on a PCB that cause short-circuit.

Please report later what happened.

All the best,
Akos
mozartella

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nos Akos, this is what happened today for me...and yesterday...

Yesterday I received a zip file from Korg Hungary, by the way, very helpfull these guys, and yesterday about midnight I burned the Iso re-authorization and, then I inserted the fresh CD, burned at 8 X, very slowly, then, I could see the Linux system, and bang, a blue screen with many lines and so....

Frustrated, I went to bed, and the next morning, I did again the same CD, but, nothing...

I put the ()*(*&&^%$##@ Oasys into my car, and believe me, when alone, this is not an easy job...went to the Korg repair shop, and I had a strange feeling, telling myself...and if the Oasys would be nice???

Anyway, we put the Oasys on the operating table , fired the damm beast, and bingo, it started to upload perfectly the re-authorisation CD...well, it is working and, neither myself or the Korg staff could not understand why and how this happened...this is the sad thing, we do not know what was wrong..with the gear. Perhaps Oasys was affraid of the hospital ???

Anyway, this afternoon, I spoke with a friend who has nothing to do with gears, but, he told me,,,the next time that could, would happen, perhaps, just deconnect the electrical cord from the Oasys and try, a fews times...Who knows if that was the solution, because, when at Korg repair shop, they used another electrical cable...and, it worked...!!!.

Toonight, I can play, so strange all the electronics...

Thanks for all your help, nad have a good evening

Olivia
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Olivia - the important thing is you have your O back Smile Cool

But yes, it would be good to know what went wrong. I would hate if anything like that happened to mine. I'd panic! Shocked
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Olivia (and Cello, of course),

Thank you, I'm happy to hear the good news. Have they or you opened the case to check inside?

I still think there might be a *loose connector* somewhere, maybe that's the reason the OASYS recovered after transporting (= moving, shaking, wobbling) it.

If it's true then the symptoms might appear again. Don't worry then. Wink

PS. Respect for a lady who could put the OASYS into her car alone! (Was it in its original box?)

Have a nice day and enjoy your OASYS,

Best regards,
Akos
mozartella

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akos Janca wrote:
Dear Olivia (and Cello, of course),

Thank you, I'm happy to hear the good news. Have they or you opened the case to check inside?NO, I did, neither they did...I do feel, if it started again, better to let it that wayI still think there might be a *loose connector* somewhere, maybe that's the reason the OASYS recovered after transporting (= moving, shaking, wobbling) it.

yes, it could be a loose connector or a loose who knows...that is difficult to find out...

If it's true then the symptoms might appear again. Don't worry then. Wink

and perhaps be happy? dear Akoskam?

PS. Respect for a lady who could put the OASYS into her car alone! (Was it in its original box?) and, the box on top of it....No no box just a blanquet or a paplan....

Have a nice day and enjoy your OASYS,

Best regards,
Akos

koszonom es most elmegy aludni....
gridsleep

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fascinating. You actually have to log into the OASYS? I have a Hartmann Neuron, which is pretty much the same architectural principle, a computer with a synthesizer built around it, and there is no such thing as a log in. I think the Open Labs Neko and Miko are the same way. Do their owners have to log into them? Very peculiar of Korg to make people log into their musical instrument. Does it have to do with all the options that needed to be purchased separately? I did not know about those either. The closest I can think of to that kind of design is in the Waldorf Blofeld with its extra sample RAM that is in every machine sold but can only be utilized by paying an extra fee. One of the reasons I will never buy a Blofeld, except possibly pre-owned and already unlocked.
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gridsleep wrote:
That's fascinating. You actually have to log into the OASYS? I have a Hartmann Neuron, which is pretty much the same architectural principle, a computer with a synthesizer built around it, and there is no such thing as a log in. I think the Open Labs Neko and Miko are the same way. Do their owners have to log into them? Very peculiar of Korg to make people log into their musical instrument. Does it have to do with all the options that needed to be purchased separately? I did not know about those either. The closest I can think of to that kind of design is in the Waldorf Blofeld with its extra sample RAM that is in every machine sold but can only be utilized by paying an extra fee. One of the reasons I will never buy a Blofeld, except possibly pre-owned and already unlocked.

You don't log into the OASYS! There's a website owned by korg which manages the licensing of the instrument and where you can buy unlock codes for sound engines, or get free OS updates if available. The website is korguser.net and you need to login to that.
Rumocool

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cello wrote:
gridsleep wrote:

You don't log into the OASYS! There's a website owned by korg which manages the licensing of the instrument and where you can buy unlock codes for sound engines, or get free OS updates if available. The website is korguser.net and you need to login to that.

Hello,

website don't work i believe.
For me, ik can login, ask the re-auth file and on the website comes a text"we will contact you in a hour" but there comes no mail.

Please, what can i do, how long it takes to get a re-auth file, 2day, 1 week, 1mont!

Regards,
Rudolf
Psoas

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumocool...

I did same as you but you have to be patient.
It can takes some months...
Yes it sucks... i know...

Patrick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: