Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The new Minikorg 700S emulation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eivind

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:36 pm    Post subject: The new Minikorg 700S emulation Reply with quote

Hello!

I have recently tried the demo - and it sounds as I remember my good old 700S (that I am still sorry I traded for an ARP Prosoloist years ago even though I still got my DV800 here).

What puzzles me about the software version tho' is this:
- The standalone version (the demo) does not show any options for ASIO. Only Direct sound and some windoz audio. This is no problem with the VST-plugin of course - the host takes care of the audio.

- An important feature on the original is the traveler.. i.e. a device that allows you to control hi-pass and low-pass filters at the same time using only two fingers.. this is not possible with a mouse.. and could most likely be overcome by adding it as a feature. OK - you may use a hw controller and MIDI-learn.. but - then again - it's hard to find something on the market that would emulate the two horisontal sliders - not to mention the smart plastic locking mechanism.

Have anybody seen an ASIO option on the standalone version?
matjones

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up the upgrade yesterday and have just checked, No there is NO ASIO option in the audio settings, Just:
Windows Audio
Windows Audio (Exclusive Mode)
Windows Audio (Low Latency Mode) and
Direct Sound
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I submitted a support ticket about this issue one hour ago.

In Standalone mode, the ASIO Device Type is NOT listed as an option in:
-- miniKORG
-- Prophecy

It IS listed as an option in all of the other Korg Collection apps, including the new Triton Extreme.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
matjones

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a strange one, struggling to believe it wasn't picked up in beta testing so, it looks like it's by design.
Unless their beta testing is extremely minimal.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg released bug fix updates today for the following KORG Collection applications:

-- miniKORG v1.0.1
-- Prophecy v1.0.1
-- Triton Extreme v1.0.1
-- Triton v1.3.1

-- KORG Software Pass v1.1.4

These updates fix the issue with the Standalone versions of miniKORG and Prophecy not being able to see ASIO Driver types.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
holografique

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently tried the demo as well and compared it to my original Univox 700s. It sounds almost identical. Especially the filter, definitely has the same character, bite and grit.

However, the one thing that they missed completely is the "noise 1" of the effect oscillator. It sounds nothing like the original. The VST version sounds like horrible digital noise, where as the original sounds like a dirty noise run through a filter with some resonance tuned to the keyboard scale so that you can actually play it melodically.

Considering how well they modeled everything else in the VST, it's strange that they missed this. Maybe a bug that no one has noticed?
Trader One

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open a support ticket, they might be interested in fixing noise 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: