Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connecting EK50 to Fire HD 10 Pro tablet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cal_Cobra

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:22 pm    Post subject: Connecting EK50 to Fire HD 10 Pro tablet Reply with quote

Hello,

I bought an EK50 for my daughter and I to learn to play on. We're using her Fire HD 10 Pro tablet with a piano learning app called Real Piano Teacher PRO and it recognizes the EK50 when a USB to USB-C cable is connected between the EK50 and the Fire HD tablet, but the MIDI interaction between the app and the keyboard are absent. Should I use the other USB type B port on the EK50 instead?

Any ideas what I could check? I see there's a rev 2.9 firmware upgrade. I cannot tell what my EK50 is on, oddly when I turn it on no firmware rev info is displayed, but if it's on older firmware perhaps this would help?

TIA!
Garysog

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Press the power button while holding down the [SHIFT]
button.
The software version number of the EK-50 will be displayed
following the opening screen.
2. Turn off the power, and then turn it on again

This is explained on page 28 Appendix of the manual.

I don't know how your App works but normally (MIDI) Yes use the Type B if you can.
Note that you need the USB driver installed to connect to a Windows/Mac computer. You might not have any luck here.

Normally I keep a USB flash drive plugged into the type A for MEDIA Functions. i.e. loading styles, and saving songs if I saved any, keeping a playlist of .mp3s files. It's also used to load your updated firmware.

This is explained on page 24 of the manual.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG EK Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: