Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton Studio Factory Presets into the Triton Classic?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CorneliusVanPelt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:38 pm    Post subject: Triton Studio Factory Presets into the Triton Classic? Reply with quote

Hello all,

I've owned a Triton Studio for years, but I just recently acquired a Triton Classic for backup purposes.

Will the factory preset reinstall disk from the Triton Studio work with the Classic?

I don't have the factory preset reinstall disk for the Classic, so I wanted to check first before trying it.

Thank you!
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PGC file formats should be compatible. The ROM multisamples for both keyboards appear to be the same and in the same order with one difference. I see in the Voice Name List that the studio has 4 multisamples for A.Piano-BD which the triton does not have. I'm not sure what would happen for the studio programs that point to those multisamples when loaded into the triton.

You can download the factory preload files for the Triton Classic from the Korg support website:

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/1/214/

You'd probably need a floppy-drive-to-USB adapter thingy to load those extracted files into your Triton.
CorneliusVanPelt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpoodoo wrote:
The PGC file formats should be compatible. The ROM multisamples for both keyboards appear to be the same and in the same order with one difference. I see in the Voice Name List that the studio has 4 multisamples for A.Piano-BD which the triton does not have. I'm not sure what would happen for the studio programs that point to those multisamples when loaded into the triton.

You can download the factory preload files for the Triton Classic from the Korg support website:

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/1/214/

You'd probably need a floppy-drive-to-USB adapter thingy to load those extracted files into your Triton.

Thank you bpoodoo!

Yes, I will buy a USD floppy drive so I can load the Classic presets. Somewhere around the house there is a PC with Windows XP loaded, but who knows where...

I definitely should have researched the differences prior to purchasing the Classic. I vaguely remember when the Studio version was introduced, and that it had a built in CD-RW drive, and the EXB-PCM08 card pre-installed. Everything else, I assumed, was the same.

I haven't yet explored everything completely, but it seems that the Studio version has more arpeggiator patterns as well? Perhaps these, along with the missing voices on the Classic, are included in the PCM08 expansion card?

Thank you again bpoodoo, I sincerely appreciate the information provided!

Best regards
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes you're right, and I forgot about the extra arpeggiator pattern slots starting with the Studio (U232-U506), with preload data populating up to U478.

There also additional drum kit slots available in the studio, and a remapping of where the GM drum kits are located.

The Triton Studio Parameter Guide on page 280 has a summary chart of these differences, and that entire section of Data Compatibility has a lot detail for specific parameter differences.

You can probably still use the triton classic as a backup for the studio. You may need to rearrange / consolidate arpeggator patterns you use on the studio to use only U000-U231 for compability and portability with the triton classic.

The EXB-PCM08 in the studio is part of internal rom memory (I don't think it's actually a removable card) and contains 4 multisamples. You can see them if you go to program mode>basic menu>OSC basic, and to the right of High or Low select Piano. The expansion cards do come with PGC files that may contain additional arpeggiator patterns which load into user arpeggios slots. But the expansion cards do not add to the fixed number of arpeggiator slots of available, AFAIK.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: