Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using the Kronos Audio Inputs in Sequencer mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pete.m

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject: Using the Kronos Audio Inputs in Sequencer mode Reply with quote

Apologies if this one has come up before...

I use my Kronos with a couple of modules. I've had a problem with my mixing desk and, because of the mad state of the world right now, it will be another four months before the parts become available. I could buy a mixer to tide me over, I suppose, but that would just be wasteful on a number of levels.

Can I feed the stereo outputs from one of my modules into the Audio Ins of the Kronos, so that I can work with both the Kronos and the module at the same time while in Sequencer mode? Obviously I know that I can use the Audio ins to record, but in this case I'm just wanting the signal to be mixed with the rest of the Sequencer mode work, so that I can at least carry on working on songs.

The sound quality isn't an issue - I can mix the songs when I get the mixer back. I'd just like to be able to carry on working with both the Kronos and a module in the meantime.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my memory serves me well, and concerning what you describe in your post, I remember that I have had a problem when recording audio tracks from an external sound module (Motif XS rack) in sync with my midi sequencer tracks of the Kronos and the problem I had was... ... ...the hearing of the metronome from the Kronos.

since that day I have never retried !

🌞

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, audio from any external source can be passed into the Kronos Audio Ins and be audible during play in Sequencer mode without being recorded. In Globals, Audio tab, set the Audio 1 and 2 to L/R, and use the rear panel level controls to suit the line level output from the audio module. Set up this way, the external sound module will be audible in Program and Combi modes, too. The audio qualith should be excellent, when properly set up.

pete.m

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much, voip. That works perfectly and, as you say, the sound quality is just right once you adjust the input levels (or the master volume on your module).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: