Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's finally here! Modwave unboxing + first impression

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThomasVB

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject: It's finally here! Modwave unboxing + first impression Reply with quote

Hi all,
I received my Modwave yesterday after waiting a few months.
It's in stock at Thomann (Germany). At this moment I see they're still in stock, so even without a preorder you should be able to order one right away.

My first impression is really good.
I played through some of the stock presets and it's definitely something unique and I'm looking forward to create my own performances.
The demo's of the Modwave are ofcourse cool, but owning it yourself and playing through the stock presets just confirms that it's really great sounding.

Did a small unboxing video + played one of the stock presets and some drums+guitars.

https://youtu.be/hTJR0gDclig

If you have any questions regarding the Modwave or anything you'd like to see in a video, please let me know. I'm planning to do a Modwave + Wavestate comparison to show the differences, but any other questions/ideas are welcome.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be curious to hear your impressions of the Modwave vis a vi the Wavestate

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Echothief

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitecrawler wrote:
I would be curious to hear your impressions of the Modwave vis a vi the Wavestate

I owned a WS and sold it, jsut bought a MW instead, I already have a Blofeld and an ASM Hydra too.

The WS was a bit too static/looping noises for my tastes. The MW is more organic, evolving and fluid. It's a very deep synth, with Multi Samples too.
With basic WT's it can sound just like a Blofeld or a Serum even, however the default patches are a bit in your face and not too musical for me. I'm happier making my own up

So you can load up may Single Cycle Wavs and make it sound like a Roland or Moog/Oberheim if you want, add Unison detune and its a trance monster Add some multi samples and its a felt piano, add some kit hits and its a drum sampler.

with so much User RAM, Custom Wavetables and the Sample import features this is a very flexible synth/sampler. The Editor makes it a breeze too.

I prefer teh MW to the WS any day altho they are very similar, who doesn't love a cold harsh slow wavetable scan in unison???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg ModWave All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: