Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did I rush?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANAFREE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:31 pm    Post subject: Did I rush? Reply with quote

Hi
I sold my pa4x three months ago, before prices go down,
I'm waiting for the next arranger release by KORG, come on Korg! It's been a long time since you released the PA4X!
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me to.

The Pa4X is to old a model for me to spend £2500 on.

Meanwhile I will make do with my Numa Compact 2X.

Four new arrangers released by Yamaha since the 700 & 1000 were released by Korg so a new model and updates are well overdue.

No significant updates at all to the OS of the 700 & 1000 and the 4X OS Next is over two years old.

Hence Korg Italy has to be up to something significant.
usaraiya

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only time will tell...next milestone up is the NAMM 2022; hopefully, there will be a big reveal soon!
Smile
Uday
ANAFREE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
Me to.

The Pa4X is to old a model for me to spend £2500 on.

Meanwhile I will make do with my Numa Compact 2X.

Four new arrangers released by Yamaha since the 700 & 1000 were released by Korg so a new model and updates are well overdue.

No significant updates at all to the OS of the 700 & 1000 and the 4X OS Next is over two years old.

Hence Korg Italy has to be up to something significant.

I agree
What I'm afraid is that Korg will be late in releasing the next version of pa4x.... (pa5x or whatever).
ANAFREE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usaraiya wrote:
Only time will tell...next milestone up is the NAMM 2022; hopefully, there will be a big reveal soon!
Smile
Uday

Yes
I hope so Surprised

Please, can you tell me about NAMM 2022 date?
ANAFREE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NAMM Show, the world’s largest annual musical instrument and equipment trade event, is postponing its 2022 winter edition at the Anaheim Convention Center from Jan. 20-23 to June 3-5.

Sad
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: Did I rush? Reply with quote

ANAFREE wrote:
Hi
I sold my pa4x three months ago, before prices go down,
I'm waiting for the next arranger release by KORG, come on Korg! It's been a long time since you released the PA4X!

Answer to the title : A highly probable YES considering the last 2 years and what we've all been through (shutting down the world has clearly caused many problems) and to add to all the problems this has caused if you are in manufacturing there are also problems with chip supplies (and I'm not talking about the chips you cover in gravy if you live in the north of England) https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/production-expert-1/cpu-shortage-may-mean-you-dont-get-the-studio-gear-you-want

Assuming there is a replacement model for the PA4X then the only positive I can draw from all this (regarding a replacement model) is more time to Beta Test which can only be considered a good thing considering how this forum lights up when a new model appears with bugs of which can go on for a considerable amount of time.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I have to agree with D575 and say YES - probably too soon.
I would say this for 3 reasons:
Firstly, we do not have any idea regarding Korg's plans for the future of keyboards - for all we know there may not be a PA5X, Kronos 3 etc...
Secondly, if there is a PA5X released tomorrow, I wouldn't consider it for at least 12-18 months in order to let the bugs die. I consider a new PA release to add at least 18 months delay from purchase for me.
Thirdly, I am trying to imagine what improvements would be worth the cost of changing to a new model - I don't want to lose any of the current PA4X features.

There's been speculation and rumour about a whole new arranger - well that'll upset many for the same reasons as mine - investment of time so far.
There's been speculation and rumour about a whole new hardware approach but still a PA upgrade (compatibility) - well that'll upset many in terms of cost etc...

If I (for any reason) lost my PA4X right now (fire/theft/damage etc...) I would immediately look for another PA4X (new or used) - I have invested too much time on it to just stop.

Just my take on it...

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
...If I (for any reason) lost my PA4X right now (fire/theft/damage etc...) I would immediately look for another PA4X (new or used) - I have invested too much time on it to just stop.

Just my take on it...

Pete Very Happy
Well said and I agree.
Alosi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening, I totally agree with Pete, for me the Pa4x is an excellent arranger which gives me a lot of pleasure and also, I can not imagine what can be done better. Friendships
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Thirdly, I am trying to imagine what improvements would be worth the cost of changing to a new model - I don't want to lose any of the current PA4X features.

Great point! Most of us assume all existing features are going to show up on the next model, but sometimes that doesn't happen. One of those features got dropped last time, and a number of users were affected by that financially.

Traditionally a new model would come out and older ones could be had for cheaper. These are unusual times indeed. It won't be so shocking to see a ridiculous price tag. That'll drive up older models prices. Something to think about for those who are on a tight budget.

pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alosi wrote:
Good evening, I totally agree with Pete, for me the Pa4x is an excellent arranger which gives me a lot of pleasure and also, I can not imagine what can be done better. Friendships

Just see the the topic: SOFTWARE WISH-LIST for FUTURE PA models (OS only).
Alosi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read them, sure that we can always add functionality. Personally and I repeat it I am happy with the Pa4x and do not wish to change it.
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They aren’t trading cards… They are tools for making music!

Why would you leave yourself without a tool to do a job, hoping another tool will come along just in time?!

Maybe the better procedure is to hang on to your arranger while two or three new models come out? If you wait a couple of generations you will get a new arranger that actually blows your current one away. When you go for incremental upgrades, sometimes it is hard to appreciate why you sunk so much extra money into it!

I have found that changing arranges every 10–15 years or so astounds me at the new capabilities, and in the meantime I’ll get intimately familiar with every last thing the current one can do, which is pretty difficult when you are changing them every three years or so. By the time you have even scratched below the surface, the new one is out and off you go! Total familiarity with an older arranger usually gives you better results than a cursory knowledge of a new one.

Settle down, kids! Just make some bloody music! Stop agonizing over the means of producing it!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korghelper wrote:
I have found that changing arranges every 10–15 years or so astounds me at the new capabilities, and in the meantime I’ll get intimately familiar with every last thing the current one can do, which is pretty difficult when you are changing them every three years or so.

Sort-of agree (a bit) but I have loved the huge changes from the original PA3X to the current PA4X-NEXT
Must admit PA1X to PA2X was a bit disappointing (except for the FDD Wink )
PA3X was awesome but then the redesigned PA4X really made the difference for me.

Korghelper wrote:
Just make some bloody music! Stop agonizing over the means of producing it!

....well this is all very subjective anyhow and depends very much on what you need out of these arrangers..... some owners very heavily relying on sampling, style creation, sound editing and others not etc...etc..

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: