Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

modwave demo: dolphins ride with AM synthesis techniques

View previous topic :: View next topic  
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject: modwave demo: dolphins ride with AM synthesis techniques Reply with quote

Day two: Today i tried to recreate the famous Dolphins Ride preset from the korg triton.

But this time making use of the modwave AM Wavetable synthesis.
I've programmed the mod knobs to add AM synthesis width a selected wavetable in osc1.

This is a fantastic feature because you can change any sample (or wavetable) by using AM or Ringmod

This example adds a subtle wavetable AM on the sample because i wanted to keep the character of the pad, but you can make it as harsh as you want and even add waveshaping to it.

(for instance the virus ti sounds i created in the modwave are using custom wavetables as an AM or Ringmod source and the waveshaper controls the outcome.).

So lot's of possibilities to breath new live in your own sample library (which can be up till 4 gigabyte). Also the included Sample library can be used in this way, so that's a huge difference compared to the wavestate).

playlist:
00:00 QR Dolphins Ride (famous korg triton sound)
01:32 Add AM wavetable synthesis on the Dolphins Ride sound

nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff there Qui! My impression is that the ModWave is the most unique of the new Korg synthesizer iterations. The ModWave seems to have the most flexibility to adjust sounds of the group. At least to what I hear so far. Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg ModWave All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: