Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG T3 floppy drive issue
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhulk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: floppy emulator Reply with quote

the only problem with the hxc is its very diy looking not a very nice

3.5" conversion becuase it uses lcd which is bigger than a 3.5" depth

and so it is to me very expensive for a bodge

they could of easily done the same with a small led display and fitted it in a

floppy size drive until they do this its still going to always be a bodged drive

yes it does work but who wants a open slot with a cable dangling out and a black box on the end

and like joe said for £3-5 you can have a cleaned working drive if it needs a new belt then its £7
Alexandro9

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m thinking about buing HxC Floppy Drive Emulator for my T3EX ( it’s floppy drive doesn’t work )
What software I need to use it ( for saving and loading patches to SD card )?
Also I know that it’s possible to load PCM through MIDI dump to T3EX,what format and software I nedd to do ?
Alexandro9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: KORG T3Ex floppy emulator Reply with quote

I've installed into my T3EX HxC floppy emulator
but when I try to save or format file on sd card synth says DIVE NOT READY
May be I have troubles with drive controllers ?
jhulk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have made a mock up ofthe hxc floppy emulator using a 3.5" floppy size casing
and a tiny 16x2 led lcd display that fits in the front of a 3.5 size drive

it fills up half the 3.5 plate leaving enough room for 3 oanel mounted leds and 3 panel mounted push switches
and an sd card slot

i had to make 2 extra pcbs so i could interface it to the front of the casing

ythe lcd is driven by a flat ribbon cable and this ends on a smd flat ribbon connector

i then had to interface it with an idc connector 16 ways so that i could add a ribbon cable from the floppy emulator lcd cable out to the new idc conection on the small lcd board

i the n had to get a small sd card interface board and fit it at the front of the casing in the lowest right corner and had to hard wire back to the main pcb sdcard slot and had to hardwire the leds and swithes to the front

but it does make it look professional now

im going to upload a front panel express designed casing so that you can have a cad look of what it will look like

but it costs a lot due to the extra pcbs require and additional wiring

im hope that there will be a revison of the pcb to add these into the design so that it just needs the casing

whtch this space
Alexandro9

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understanding how to place HxC emulator at korg T3 ,but it doesn't work with it.
I've connected it like it was decribed but KORG doesn't save or format any file on Sd card.
Jeff_HxC2001

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexandro9 wrote:
I understanding how to place HxC emulator at korg T3 ,but it doesn't work with it.
I've connected it like it was decribed but KORG doesn't save or format any file on Sd card.

It should since someone have tried it on the Korg T2:

Jeff_HxC2001 wrote:
synthjoe wrote:
Hmmm... That's a tough one. There's no other way than buy and try, as far as I know there's very little information out there on the drive compatibility with T series. I think it is a little more forgiving than older synths, but the format is very different from regular DOS and therefore not all drives will be compatible - as your experience with the USB drive might suggest.

As said Ricoche earlier in this thread, the HxC Floppy Emulator already works with the Korg T2 EX. So this should works without problem with the Korg T3.

Here his feedback :
http://jimatwood.wordpress.com/2011/09/30/korg-t2-ex-importing-pcm-samples-and-floppy-drive-repair/
Quote:

UPDATE #1: The Korg T2 EX works with the HxC Floppy Drive Emulator. Awesome!! I installed the HxC Floppy drive emulator into the Korg T2 EX, made some configurations to the floppy drive cable and HXCSDFE.CFG of the emulator. Presto it worked flawlessly! I converted some DSM-1 .DSK images to .HFE files and the HxC Emulator loaded up the PCM samples perfectly. I now can dump all my .DSK PCM images to one SD Disk in the HxC. I have further testing to do with regards to saving data but that shouldn’t be a problem. I’ll update with more info shortly. If your Floppy Disk Drive is broken on the Korg T2 EX, the HxC is a fantastic and powerful replacement solution.

More informations on the HxC Floppy Emulator project page :
http://hxc2001.free.fr/floppy_drive_emulator/

If you have any question regarding the HxC Floppy Emulator don't hesitate to contact me. Smile

So ask for the files images to Ricoche here :
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=24366
Alexandro9

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: HxC2001 Reply with quote

Thanx,but I've reeden this all posts
I've connected HxC2001 to KORG T3 ,file image for T3 is on SD card but it show me DRIVE NOT READY
What a hell, I can't use this emulator nor can't find any replacement for oryginal floppy drive (((((
gorkymate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:17 pm    Post subject: T2 floopy Reply with quote

Hi,
Any update how to easely or easiest resolve ''data error'' on floopy disk unit?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: