Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Performance HOLD Bug?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bozzy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:16 pm    Post subject: Performance HOLD Bug? Reply with quote

Hi.

I've just installed firmware 2.0.1 and WOW Korg, it's really great! You listened to us and implemented a lot of requested things.

One of those, which I was also waiting for, is Performance Hold function, so I've used it right away, but unfortunately it seems to be buggy. The synth is going out of CPU power after some minutes of playing with Perf Hold ON.

I've posted a video here https://streamable.com/oferf3 to demonstrate what's happening.

In this video I've used a very simple sound. As you can see, CPU is around 10% at idle. With one voice sounding it's around 15%. Then I started playing notes repeatedly (here I'm playing the same note, but it's irrelevant) and, after a while, you can see CPU is at 25% while again a single voice is sounding. By continuing to play notes, CPU usage rises to 100% and from there on, no voice is allowed to play anymore.
By switching Performance Hold off, CPU goes down to around 70% and new voices are again allowed to play, then while continuing to play notes, CPU usage gradually lowers to normal values.

This seems to occur with any performance, be it simple or complex.

Can anyone reproduce it?

Bozzy
Bozzy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So nobody else is experiencing this behaviour?

Dan(atkorg)?
graaag

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject: Performance Hold Bug Reply with quote

I am experiencing a different Performance Hold bug;

running WS 2.0.1, single layer with sustaining multisample, such as Wnd: Tape Flute:

1. activate performance hold,
2. play a note,
3. release key,
4. change performance through Home/perform button to anything else
sound from first patch persists beyond SST Hold Time, sometimes indefinitely? Can't quite figure out how to make it turn off, returning to original performance and turning hold on / off isn't working.

Any ideas?
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bozzy wrote:
So nobody else is experiencing this behaviour?

Dan(atkorg)?

I think we may have discussed this on Facebook, but to close the loop: yes, we've confirmed that this can happen in some cases, and are looking into how to address it.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Bozzy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the feedback Dan, we'll wait for the fix then.

Just today it seems another user on facebook had a similar problem, maybe related to this one.
Rupert T Bear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than a year on from the last post on this thread - sorry.

If I use "hold" on a variety of factory programs or even with ones I've created myself, I often find the machine cuts out. It doesn't freeze, it just cuts out as I'm playing. Looking at the CPU in Utilities, it's cutting out when it reaches 100% - the problem is that it reaches 100% so frequently. Why?

It feels like I'm overloading the synth, but surely that's absurd - how can you play the machine freely if you have to keep easing back? I'm not exactly a keyboard basher, I'm more Max Richter than Keith Emerson! However I do like to set hold and do some serious knob twiddling, very often that's when I feel I'm really exploring the Wavestate's potential.

I can't believe this issue is unique.

Dan?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: