Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavestat Librarian - it doesn't connect in Windows 10 21H1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jb58

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Today I did some more experimenting. I have uninstalled Apple's Bonjour print services to see if it was really the reason I could connect to my Wavestate 2.0.

No, it is not !

I did the following: I have opened Bonjour browser to see what is listed there. Then I connected/disconnected my Wavestate several times, waiting a half minute between two attempts. As I see, sometimes - maybe after 4-5 tries - Wavestate will appear in the list, and I can start the Librarian and it will connect nicely. But why does it not appear *every* time I connect it to USB ? Tried different USB cables - the same thing happened, I conclude it is not cable related.
@danatkorg, if you are reading this, maybe you have a suggestion.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb58 wrote:
Hi,

Today I did some more experimenting. I have uninstalled Apple's Bonjour print services to see if it was really the reason I could connect to my Wavestate 2.0.

No, it is not !

I did the following: I have opened Bonjour browser to see what is listed there. Then I connected/disconnected my Wavestate several times, waiting a half minute between two attempts. As I see, sometimes - maybe after 4-5 tries - Wavestate will appear in the list, and I can start the Librarian and it will connect nicely. But why does it not appear *every* time I connect it to USB ? Tried different USB cables - the same thing happened, I conclude it is not cable related.

I don't understand. You uninstalled Bonjour, but you're looking at Bonjour Browser?
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb58 wrote:
Hi,

Tried different USB cables - the same thing happened, I conclude it is not cable related.

Hi, FWIW I originally had problems with the Wavestate connection, because of cables.

I did try different cables and different ports, but unfortunately I used the same cable type when doing that. Once I swapped out for a different, presumably higher quality cable, it was good.

I have also had problems with some USB end points not liking the length of the cable. My Line6 Helix is OK on a 5M cable, but will not connect on a 6M cable - but other devices are happy with this length.

HTH. Just some things to consider when trying to eliminate the issue.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
jb58

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
jb58 wrote:
Hi,

No, it is not !

I don't understand. You uninstalled Bonjour, but you're looking at Bonjour Browser?

Hi Dan, thanks for reading this.

To begin with, Bonjour browser was installed the whole time, the experiment was about a different software.
- As I explained, I have installed Apple's Bonjour Print services to see if this could cure my connection.
- After installing it, all of a sudden I could connect, but it worked only once.
- To test further, I have uninstalled Apple's Bonjour Print services to see if I still can connect.
- At this point, I kept Bonjour browser running and I have connected/disconnected my Wavestate USB cable several times to see if it appears in the browser. Sometimes it did appear and I could connect via the Librarian. But I don't understand why is it a "random" connection.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb58 wrote:
danatkorg wrote:
jb58 wrote:
Hi,

No, it is not !

Hi Dan, thanks for reading this.

To begin with, Bonjour browser was installed the whole time, the experiment was about a different software.
- As I explained, I have installed Apple's Bonjour Print services to see if this could cure my connection.
- After installing it, all of a sudden I could connect, but it worked only once.
- To test further, I have uninstalled Apple's Bonjour Print services to see if I still can connect.
- At this point, I kept Bonjour browser running and I have connected/disconnected my Wavestate USB cable several times to see if it appears in the browser. Sometimes it did appear and I could connect via the Librarian. But I don't understand why is it a "random" connection.

"Bonjour print services" *is* Bonjour. Bonjour Browser won't work without it. Hence my confusion. If Bonjour Browser does anything, it means that Bonjour is installed.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
jb58

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
Hi,

"Bonjour print services" *is* Bonjour. Bonjour Browser won't work without it. Hence my confusion. If Bonjour Browser does anything, it means that Bonjour is installed.

Hi Dan,

Ok, all clear now - except the main reason of this whole thread - the big WHY ?
jb58

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cook wrote:
jb58 wrote:
Hi,

Tried different USB cables - the same thing happened, I conclude it is not cable related.

Hi, FWIW I originally had problems with the Wavestate connection, because of cables.

I did try different cables and different ports, but unfortunately I used the same cable type when doing that. Once I swapped out for a different, presumably higher quality cable, it was good.

I have also had problems with some USB end points not liking the length of the cable. My Line6 Helix is OK on a 5M cable, but will not connect on a 6M cable - but other devices are happy with this length.

HTH. Just some things to consider when trying to eliminate the issue.

Thanks Derek, I can give it a try. It can be that the wavestate is very picky with the cable type indeed. But my cable is merely 2m long, that is far below the limits for USB 2.0
drdave2002

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject: Wavestate error connection Reply with quote

Guys, could someone do a sense check for me?

I have a Kronos and Wavestate connected to my 20H2 win 10 system and while following Dan's suggestion of using zeroconfservicebrowser to check Bonjour I see two different IP addreses, one for each device, the Kronos is using a 192.168.x.x and I can connect using Filezilla no problem while the Wavestate is using 169.254.x.x which I can't connect to via the librarian but I can ping it....Would anyone tell me what you see regarding the wavestate?

regards
drdave2002
Korg Kronos 61, M3-73, Karma (all-time classic), X5, Wavestate, Roland Juno Gi, JV, D110, Arturia Microfreak, Modal Skulpt, IK Uno. Nanopad2, M-Audio Venom, Deepmind 12D, Crave, TB3, Maschine Mk3, Moog Werkstat and a few other bits
Soundsgood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Wavestate error connection Reply with quote

drdave2002 wrote:
Guys, could someone do a sense check for me?

I have a Kronos and Wavestate connected to my 20H2 win 10 system and while following Dan's suggestion of using zeroconfservicebrowser to check Bonjour I see two different IP addreses, one for each device, the Kronos is using a 192.168.x.x and I can connect using Filezilla no problem while the Wavestate is using 169.254.x.x which I can't connect to via the librarian but I can ping it....Would anyone tell me what you see regarding the wavestate?

regards
drdave2002

Hi!

My Wavestate is on 169.254.5.180.

I had problems after uninstalling and then reinstalling the Apple software. The Wavestate showed up as a unrecognized USB device, no matter what I did. I had to remove the device using the device manager, reset the Wavestate to use RNDIS, restart the Wavestate, change the Wavestate to NCM, then changing the driver. So basically a full reset.
iPad, Roland-D05, Elekrtron Digitakt, Elektron Digitone, Novation Peak
A lot of cumputer stuff!
drdave2002

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah...thank you Soundsgood.... yes I've also done all the resetting of RDIS & NCM, I've actually been able to update it to 2.0.1, all that worked fine.... I thought I had a clue when I saw the Kronos on a different IP address, alas the quest continues. Smile

regards
drdave2002
Korg Kronos 61, M3-73, Karma (all-time classic), X5, Wavestate, Roland Juno Gi, JV, D110, Arturia Microfreak, Modal Skulpt, IK Uno. Nanopad2, M-Audio Venom, Deepmind 12D, Crave, TB3, Maschine Mk3, Moog Werkstat and a few other bits
adrianrees

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:31 am    Post subject: Same issue Reply with quote

I have had the same issue under Windows 10 21H1 on the previous software version and now 2.0. Korg support here in Australia point to a compatibility sheet that still shows this Windows version as under review. This thread has given me some hope that Korg is at least looking at the issue but wondering if any Korg folk have any idea of when this issue will be fixed?

It’s extremely frustrating and I did toy with selling and moving to another synthesiser brand but it would be a shame as I think the Wavestate is amazing.
jb58

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Same issue Reply with quote

adrianrees wrote:
I have had the same issue under Windows 10 21H1 on the previous software version and now 2.0. Korg support here in Australia point to a compatibility sheet that still shows this Windows version as under review. This thread has given me some hope that Korg is at least looking at the issue but wondering if any Korg folk have any idea of when this issue will be fixed?

It’s extremely frustrating and I did toy with selling and moving to another synthesiser brand but it would be a shame as I think the Wavestate is amazing.

Exactly what I also think about this. What I don't really understand why do we not see any clear statement from Korg here or on their websites stating that is a Microsoft bug ? I just read some vague suggestion of Dan on this forum saying Microsoft "can break things twice", whatever that means Rolling Eyes .
adrianrees

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% right and while I have some proficiency with PCs one shouldn’t have to go through the suggested gymnastics to connect the Wavestate.
jb58

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adrianrees wrote:
100% right and while I have some proficiency with PCs one shouldn’t have to go through the suggested gymnastics to connect the Wavestate.

Besides, when they say version 21H1 is still under review, they should also know that version 21H2 wil be out this month and Windows 11 is coming out very soon.
I would expect that Korg has already Windows 11 and they are testing their drivers on it in advance. Now I can only see that they are running after the facts.
drdave2002

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thread guys, but is Korg going to ask how many people won't buy any other Korg gear (Modwave for me) until I have a reasonably workable solution.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: