Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe ER1 making low hum at various times

View previous topic :: View next topic  
melange76

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:56 am    Post subject: Electribe ER1 making low hum at various times Reply with quote

Hi! Brand new to this forum, just purchased and received my first ER1 used! While making sure everything was functioning as it should, I noticed a low hum noise coming through my headphones during a few scenarios and was wondering if this seems normal or if I have a problematic device. My headphones are functioning fine on other devices.

So one example is when executing a Write to save a pattern of settings, the devices makes a brief 1-2 second low frequency hum. Not the end of the world. But the same hum also starts up when I hold Tap to mute parts. If there are multiple part indicator lights on at the same time I can hear that same hum only it’s the whole time I’m holding down the Tap button and muting/unmuting parts. It stops when I release the Tap button. Another example is when the Accent part is selected, and if more than a handful of the step buttons are lit it starts emitting a continuous hum. If I start removing accents so that fewer step lights are lit, the hum incrementally gets quieter and eventually stops when only a few are left lit. Same If say hi hats are sequenced on all 16 steps. If I select the hi hat part and all or most of the step lights are lit, the hum comes on. It’s unfortunately loud enough to hear over the top of while a pattern is playing. Sad

So through testing, it seems like whenever there are a lot of button lights lit, it starts the low hum. Im hoping it’s not a faulty device. Any insight if this is a known thing? Seems like some sort of low interference hum that is enhanced the more lights that are lit. Except when doing the Write command. That just does it briefly even without many device lights lit. But like the more energy it’s using, the more the hum. Could it be a faulty power issue?

Anyway, would love a knowledgeable opinion or idea of what might be going on. Thank you!

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: