Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Workflow For Organising User Sounds With Samples (Pa700)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject: My Workflow For Organising User Sounds With Samples (Pa700) Reply with quote

As you have probably seen from my previous posts on organising user samples on my Korg Pa700 it’s bit of a balancing act as there is limited space for storing samples.

My method is as follows before proceeding perform a full backup with global factory protection off.

The reason for this is with factory protection turned on not everything is saved when you do a save all.

For example if you have usersounds that use samples only the user sounds not the samples assigned to it will be saved.

I have delevoped a workflow which seems to be quite effective :

First I delete any existing user samples, and user sound entries.

I then individually load the sound files (pcg) which will load assigned samples to them.

As yet we are unable to rename the user sound bank names.

Once I have loaded all the sounds for that particular bank.

With the factory protection turned off I save the user sounds to a new .set folder. I then save all the samples to the .set folder.

If I want to create a new bank of sounds I then repeat the first step but save to a new .set folder.

At this point I have the the option to combine the sound banks, again by deleting any samples and user sound banks first. Then loading the user sound banks to each user bank. At this time samples for both will be loaded.

Or you can load the sound banks as required.

It seems a lot of work but it is functional.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: My Workflow For Organising User Sounds With Samples (Pa7 Reply with quote

NativeAngels wrote:
As you have probably seen from my previous posts on organising user samples on my Korg Pa700 it’s bit of a balancing act as there is limited space for storing samples.
My method is as follows before proceeding perform a full backup with global factory protection off......

Hello,
please don't be disappointed, but your method has no advantages and I don't think it is a good solution for organizing user samples or merging data.

1) Factory protection off only is used when you want to save or change data of Factory libraries (Manual p913)
2) Factory protect off has no effect on whether and how user sounds and samples are saved.
3) If you want to reliably save the user sounds and user samples corresponding to user resources, use "Save All" dialog with the Factory Protect option deactivated.
Select an existing SET folder or having created a new one, touch the Save button to confirm, select the type of data to save ("User Style", "User Pad", "User Kbd Set Library") and do not forget as to check "User Sound & DK" and "User Sample". If all these data type are checked, touch OK to confirm, to save a SET.

Now all your user data including the associated user sounds and user samples are on one set. Each time individually loading a sound file (pcg) from such a set, also its samples are loaded reliable into internal memory
(sound or drum kit that is loaded also automatically loads the samples it requires).
Merging data, loading data based on user samples and merging user samples from various sources is recommended to be handled as described in manual p886.

PS: There have already been some threads about how to merge resources with user samples - I will post them here if I find the links.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
digudere123

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: My Workflow For Organising User Sounds With Samples (Pa7 Reply with quote

Agreed

DiguDere
India
harshajayman2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject: exporting styles with samples Reply with quote

Hi How do I export a style with associated user samples to send to somebody else

Many thanks

H
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: