Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating programs using samples in sampling mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter1960

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject: Creating programs using samples in sampling mode Reply with quote

I would be grateful if someone could help me with difficulties I am encountering when trying to create some programs using wav files and the sampling function in the Kronos. I did post this query earlier this year and received some suggestions, although I did not proceed with the advice at the time. However, I have now decided to try and create some programs having recently upgraded the memory in my Kronos to 3Gb, but the issue is still there.

I have been attempting to use 2 of my soft synths to create audio (wav) files that I can then load in as samples. The 2 soft synths I have used are Omnisphere by Spectrasonics and Syntronik from IK Multimedia – the patches that I am trying to create as programs are a string patch from Omnisphere called “Adagio” and a patch from Syntronik called “Bully” which is based on a Moog Taurus bass pedal synth.

I have followed the very helpful YouTube tutorial from Qui Robinez and managed to create a program for “Adagio”, also adding some effects. I then went into Disk mode, pressed the Save tab and then Save Sampling Data, with the file name saved as “Adagio”. I also added the Adagio KSC file to my KSC autoloads in the Global tab, so that the samples load when the Kronos is booted up. So far so good.

I then repeated the same process to create a “Bully” program. After loading the samples, allocating them to the various indexes and saving the multisamples as “Bully”, I selected convert MS to Program. On opening the program in the selected bank I was then able to play “Bully” as a program.

I then saved the sampling data (I selected “include sampling mode data”, with sampling mode data options as “all”), with the file name saved as “Bully”. I also added the Bully KSC file to my KSC autoloads in the Global tab, as I did with the Adagio program.

I then rebooted the Kronos. On selecting the Adagio patch, it played fine, but the Bully program has got the Adagio samples within it, so the program does not sound correctly.

I cannot fathom why the Bully samples are not being saved within the program itself. I am sure that if I try and create a third program, the same thing will happen - ie the program will end up containing the samples of another program.

I have noticed that after hitting Save Sampling Data for the Bully program, two KSC files are produced - “Bully.KSC” and Bully_UserBank.KSC”. What is the difference between these two files ? I did remove “Bully.KSC” from the autoload list and then added Bully_UserBank.KSC instead but this didn’t solve the issue.

I am sure the solution is simple – ie I am not doing something / not saving something that will preserve the Bully samples, so as a result, they are not loaded along with the associated Program on start up. However, I am at a loss as to how to overcome this issue !

Your assistance and advice would be most welcome.

Many thanks for your help

Peter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: