Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Korg Filing System - Keeping Organised

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:32 am    Post subject: The Korg Filing System - Keeping Organised Reply with quote

Interesting to know what filing system you use to keep all your styles, and keyboard sets organised?

As you collect and create styles and build a library of keyboard sets you find yourself running out of space or empty slots. Yes I know you can use the direct folder.

And what about your songbook do you use internal and external or just internal / external.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things that I do:-

I save a full SET every time I make any changes - I use SETNAMEs like "v310yyyymmdd.SET" - these sort nicely in order and I can alway know what OS version I was using.
I have my HDD with top level folders like:-
SET (my main saved SETs)
STYLES (All style downloads and saves)
MIDI
MP3
SONGBOOK
TEXT (all my text files for Lyrics)
OS (OS update saves)

I use SETLISTS and SONGBOOK for all my PA4X "registrations".

I only load styles I am likely to use and I do use DIRECT - as I can have over 1200 styles loaded and ready to play I rarely find I run out of slots.
I use both internal and Direct SONGBOOK - my Direct songbook has all my songs and edited songs - the internal SB has the Korg songbook
When I write a new SB entry I identify my songs by using the various fields (genre/artist etc...) - all can be easily sorted.

I save my SETs on HDD, SD, and USB - I also usually save my latest SET on the internal SSD

I regularly perform a full copy my HDD, SD and SSD to my PC (via a USB drive - NOT cable)

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what method do you use when auditioning new styles ? Do you use direct folder ?
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Αs my repertoire has Greek and International songs,
i use User and favorites for my Greek Custom styles,While i use Direct banks for International styles.
But as my Greek styles are twice the User+favorite banks,i had to also use Local Banks too.
On Local banks i loaded my locked sd set plus some other styles,all organized by genre.

I use internal songbook for Greek songs,and Direct for Interntional,
but songbook really lacks as there are still bugs causing restarts ,especially while saving an entry or style under setlist edit set to ''enabled'' .

Works ok though in most cases while using only internal or only direct songbook .
Seems it can't handle both right at the same time,don't know why...

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NativeAngels wrote:
So what method do you use when auditioning new styles ? Do you use direct folder ?

If they are supplied in STYLE banks, I simply load them all and have a good play...
Of course I backup first. I find it easier and more straight forward than building/assigning/de-assigning DIRECT sets

CHeers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
taichi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I think I need to have a tidy and clear out. Far too many duplicate entries in Songbook. (Korg Disc and merging USB sticks). My dealer puts some fabulous songs, his own work, on USB that I would never want to be without. But also on the same USB are the songs on Korg Disc, hence the duplicates.

Then we have OSIMO on USB with correct names. That MERGES with KORG DISC and more duplicates. I have Pa4x, 1000 and 700 with all Songbooks, DISK and USB on computer Desktop as .set folders. Viewing them on Songbook Editor to see the extent of the duplicates. Viewing not editing.

Note: Example what have you guys done with OSIMO regarding duplicating please ?

Pete I have HD disc that you mentioned and never used. Backing up to computer regularly via USB I like that idea. Good posts, thanks Pete, NativeAngels and Korg 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: