Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Havian 30 as master keyboard: no signal from pedal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ottonis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:39 am    Post subject: Havian 30 as master keyboard: no signal from pedal Reply with quote

Hi everybody, new forum member here.
I own a Korg Havian 30 and so far I am pretty happy with the sound quality, the arranger styles and with the overall user experience.

However, I would also like to use it as a master midi keyboard and so I connected it via USB to my laptop to use it with Presonus Studio One and virtual instruments plug-ins.

That being said, after a lot of fiddling with the settings and reading the manual I finally managed to get it work.
Unfortunately, when I use the pedal / foot controller that is connected to the Havian, no controller data are transmitted to the laptop/DAW at all.
In global settings/Midi, I tried the "Tablet" mode as well as the "Sequencer" mode and tried to fiddle with Midi out controller settings on Midi out channel 1. Nothing works.

Any ideas what to change or what settings to use to get the controller data from the foot pedal into the DAW?

Thanks in adnvance!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go into the Global MIDI menus and check that the MIDI Out filters are correctly set to allow Foot Pedal messages to be sent.

ottonis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
Go into the Global MIDI menus and check that the MIDI Out filters are correctly set to allow Foot Pedal messages to be sent.

Many thanks. Meawhile, I found out that apparently isn't Korg Havian's fault because keyboard action and pedal controller data are transmitted flawlessly when using my software sampler (IKM Sampletank) in standalone mode.
It doesn't work, however, when using Sampletank within the DAW (Studio One) as a plugin.
So, in my understanding, the problem has to be related to the settings inside the DAW.

Thanks again for your swift reply!
jmasc50

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see from your post (Oct 2021) that you are successfully connecting your Havian 30 to your computer. Are you using the DEVICE MIDI port out? Was there anything you had to do to activate or enable the USB DEVICE port?

I am trying to connect my Havian 30 to a USB MIDI Host device, which receives the MIDI info stream and sends it out a 5 pin MIDI out port which I then connect to a KORG track mount synth. I can't get the Havian to send anything out the DEVICE MIDI port, even though I have created a Global MIDI out preset.

Do you have any helpful ideas for me?

Thanks, I greatly appreciate any help that you can provide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: