Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to use CX-3 as midi controller for B3-X

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrvegas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject: How to use CX-3 as midi controller for B3-X Reply with quote

I want to use my 2001 CX-3 to play back sounds in an iPad. I understand how to connect the iPad using Midi cables and a Midi interface, but I am confused about what settings to activate inside the CX-3 to totally bypass it's internal sounds and to trigger the sounds of the iPad.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Turning the volume down of the CX-3 is an easy way out. But maybe not what you need.

Else look for the parameter local off. (Global mode, group 3 MIDI parameters, MIDI Local Cntrl). It will disconnect the keyboard of the CX-3 from its internal soundengine, while still transferring the notes you hit over MIDI out. Don't forget to put it back to on afterwards.

Have fun
mrvegas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THanks for that info about turning local off. What settings on the CX-3 are required in order for the keys to play the sounds on the connected iPad? Do you have to specify a midi channel number or anything like that?

Thanks
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally nothing else needs to be configured. The factory setting is to transmit note data on MIDI channel 1. But in Global mode, group 2, you can change the channel if you like.
Further it is a matter of connecting MIDI out on the CX-3 to MIDI in on your iPad. Select in the software on the iPad your MIDI interface to listen to and the same channel as configured on the CX-3.
Which setting on the iPad and where to find it is a bit dependent on the used software and hard to say for me at this moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: