Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some basic Feature requests

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject: Some basic Feature requests Reply with quote

I know a lot is being asked already like sample import etc.

My requests are rather more or less extention of existing features.

1: Make Reverb Parallel, with sends for each layer.
2: Make categories stick when browsing. Right now they reset if you make any changes to currently loaded performance. Maybe a preference option.
3: Make layer fx wet/dry / Input trim modulatable from step sequencer. So you can vary effect amount / step. For example say I only want delay on every 3rd or just a particular step.
4: when assigining external cc to mod, it maps by default as bipolar, perhaps a preference option to have it bipolar or unipolar as you have to go back each time multiple steps to change that to unipolar.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Veeter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- the ability to have sends for the reverb-- I generally don't want reverb on my bass... at least put a LPF in the verb
- the ability to delete presets on the WS, instead of only in the librarian
- the ability to make a new collection on the WS, instead of only in the librarian
Tugdual

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- the ability to adjust individual sends to reverb and delay
- the ability to modulate effects with specific lanes (a Master lane sounds adequate for that especially when it serves barely no purpose while we even have a button for it)
- the ability to create steps using the buttons (Like Shift button 5 means steps 1 to 5) instead of using addition
- the possibility to access the Pitch page without turning Octave or Tune button. Generally accessing pages by modifying rotary controllers which instantly change values is a very bad design. This Pitch screen is also the only place you can set Portamento...

Oh well I wonder if Korg has any intention to change that. So far they have only released bug fixes and never committed to do anything new.
Narioso

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugdual wrote:
Generally accessing pages by modifying rotary controllers which instantly change values is a very bad design.

I suppose you know about holding Enter button while touching any knob shows the saved/current value without modifying value itself, turning the knob.

But as Prologue would be better, to also have display to find the saved value even if changing it. Arrows up/down show which way to go and a star shows when spot on.
padking

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A EDITOR !
padking

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A easier access to the programs like itS possible on many korg synth.
pranaearth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

padking wrote:
A EDITOR !

Seconded!
azureus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order of importance:

1. A full MIDI Sysex implementation and functionality.

Reason: backing up patches as it stands is hanging in the air until the first unsupported version of the computer operation system arrives.

2. Ability to create user categories using the synth UI.

Reason: reliance on a computer will work until the first unsupported version of the computer operation system arrives.

3. Multisample category should stick during performance editing.

Reason: when you pick a sample, you often want to try it with other synth parameters. If it doesn't work, you go back to pick a similar sample, so having to pick the category again is a needless chore.

For now, I'm not using any functionality that relies on a computer - just imagine having accumulated hundreds of performances only to find out one day I can't load them without acquiring an old computer. I'm using a spreadsheet instead until this is sorted.

It's a great synth as is and I'm happy to use my spreadsheet. The above is not a demand, just a suggestion.
Tugdual

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narioso wrote:
Tugdual wrote:
Generally accessing pages by modifying rotary controllers which instantly change values is a very bad design.

I suppose you know about holding Enter button while touching any knob shows the saved/current value without modifying value itself, turning the knob.

Fair point but thinking about Enter + Shift + Octave knob to set Portamento is really above my definition of user friendliness. Seriously I spent 20 minutes looking for that parameter. Why not using another page in the Pitch lane definition ? I have nothing against some menu diving as long as it is somehow natural.
azureus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a big one but probably not basic:

Allow the sequencers to work in multisample mode, so that when a sample is triggered from the sequencer, it can follow the EG release over the following steps without being cut off.

That would allow for far quicker drum sequencing, more like in x0x style drum machines on each layer dedicated to a specific drum instrument with all the possible modulation galore.

I can already do that from DAW, but I'm not a big fan of computer, using it as a "tape machine" only.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veeter wrote:

- the ability to delete presets on the WS, instead of only in the librarian

Thanks for the suggestions! Just a note: you can already delete user sounds on the WS.
1. Press WRITE
2. Press Page < to go to the Delete From Database page.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
danatkorg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugdual wrote:
Narioso wrote:
Tugdual wrote:

Fair point but thinking about Enter + Shift + Octave knob to set Portamento is really above my definition of user friendliness. Seriously I spent 20 minutes looking for that parameter. Why not using another page in the Pitch lane definition ? I have nothing against some menu diving as long as it is somehow natural.

Just wondering: do you have the Owner's Manual?

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
danatkorg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

azureus wrote:
3. Multisample category should stick during performance editing.

Reason: when you pick a sample, you often want to try it with other synth parameters. If it doesn't work, you go back to pick a similar sample, so having to pick the category again is a needless chore.

Thanks for your suggestions! Note that Multisamples are also named after their categories. For instance, all "waveforms" start with "Wave:", as in "Wave: Saw Down A2600" etc. So, if you're starting with a Multisample selected from a given category, there's no need to re-select the category; you're already there.
azureus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For instance, all "waveforms" start with "Wave:", as in "Wave: Saw Down A2600" etc. So, if you're starting with a Multisample selected from a given category, there's no need to re-select the category; you're already there.

Indeed, it helps a bit but it's not as handy as having an option to stay exactly within a category, IMO. For example, if I'm in "cymbal" category, I end up in a more general "drums" as soon as I leave the sample selection screen and come back.

In fact, being able to create custom (and sticky) categories and sub-categories for all data types right from the synth's UI would be awesome.

Nevertheless, if this synth was left as is and nothing else were done with its firmware, it would still be a keeper for me. I find it super useful for my music.
CSURIEUX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reverb send on each layer was not in 2.01 so expecting it in a next upgrade ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: