Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mapping the SQ-64 to the Alesis SR18 drum machine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jydeda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:05 pm    Post subject: Mapping the SQ-64 to the Alesis SR18 drum machine Reply with quote

The mapping of the Drum buttons on the SQ-64 to my Alesis SR-18 is rather random and the SQ-64 is only accounting for 10 out of the 12 drum kit parts on the Alesis. Does anyone know how to remap the pads so that they are in a more coordinated order and how to add the missing drum kit parts?
ErhunHensel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

push the globals button once, then hold the d track button and then you select the key to remap. The key then starts to flash white and you can select the Midi RX, TX channel and the Midi RX and TX notes with the A9 and A10 buttons.

For my SR16 I found that I have to set C2 to get the kick drum when the SR16 expects a C1. The Sr16 has 12 mapped buttons but with several drumsets not all of them have a sound with them like the "ride" and the Perc1/Perc2

I think SR18 and SR16 are quite similar... the midi notes you need are in the manual.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: