Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to lock NX5R at 05R/W mode?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnsonWang

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject: How to lock NX5R at 05R/W mode? Reply with quote

I set default bank to 05R/W, the front light also changes to 05R/W MAP, not GM MAP, but after receiving GM reset, the light changes back to GM MAP.

I have many Korg SMF, played on KORG daughter board(4MB ROM, same spec as 05R/W) with Sound Blaster 16 well, the sound is perfect, but those SMF played with NX5R is not good, almost every instrument is strange.

I read the manual, it says 05R/W mode will use GM-B bank and suitable for earlier AI2 synth playback.

Anyone know how to lock 05R/W bank mode on NX5R, please give me advise, many thanks.
JohnsonWang

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may found some answer for this...

If NX5R receive GS Reset, it will switch to GM mode from 05R/W mode.

If NX5R receive XG Reset, all message comes from MIDI-In will route to daughter board(YAMAHA DB61XG).

I can turn off GS On and XG On in Global setting, to prevent 05R/W mode changing back to GM or XG mode.

If get XG reset cause MIDI-In to daughter board, the only way change back MIDI-In to internal AI2 module is turn off the power and turn on. I still try to find if there is any message can do this without power off/on.
JohnsonWang

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I can lock 05R/w mode on NX5R, I found there are some different between NX5R and the earlier AI2 sound module like AG10.

I have 3 AG10 demo .MID files, and very familiar with the playback effect of those files. When I playback those files on NX5R's 05R/W mode, some sound will be still a little strange.

But if playback on NX5R's native mode(GM mode is light on), it will sound more strange than 05R/w mode, sigh...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: