Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Famous Synths for Nautilus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aellison62

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject: Famous Synths for Nautilus Reply with quote

THANK YOU to Busch for porting over his "famous synths" programs for the Nautilus. There are 119 of them as a FREE download on his Purgatory Creek website. They sound identical to the Kronos ones (except for drums) I think he said he took advantage of Nautilus dual arpeggiators on some of them. Anyway, check them out if you haven't. Even if you aren't doing the very song he recreated these sounds for, they are very useful as a starting point to tweak for other needed sounds. Great start for your user banks. Speaking of that, they loaded in on my S bank, which I find odd since that is supposed to be a HD-1 bank?? I thought P,Q and R were Exi banks and S and T were HD-1. Also, when I loaded it I thought I would be given a choice as to which bank it goes into. I remember on the Kronos that was the case.....You can also open the PCG file and load individual programs instead of the whole bank (at least on Kronos you can, I assume Nautilus gives same option)
tunaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this. I need to grab it and get it installed - great job Busch!
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Famous Synths for Nautilus Reply with quote

aellison62 wrote:
THANK YOU to Busch for porting over his "famous synths" programs for the Nautilus. There are 119 of them as a FREE download on his Purgatory Creek website. They sound identical to the Kronos ones (except for drums) I think he said he took advantage of Nautilus dual arpeggiators on some of them. Anyway, check them out if you haven't. Even if you aren't doing the very song he recreated these sounds for, they are very useful as a starting point to tweak for other needed sounds. Great start for your user banks. Speaking of that, they loaded in on my S bank, which I find odd since that is supposed to be a HD-1 bank?? I thought P,Q and R were Exi banks and S and T were HD-1. Also, when I loaded it I thought I would be given a choice as to which bank it goes into. I remember on the Kronos that was the case.....You can also open the PCG file and load individual programs instead of the whole bank (at least on Kronos you can, I assume Nautilus gives same option)

Thanks for the kind words above. I chose Bank S just because I happened to have it open. I wasn't aware of how the available banks defaulted because I had already loaded programs/banks into many of them. On the original Kronos, there was only one bank free, User-G, so that became the default bank.

The Nautilus allows you to load exactly as the Kronos. Just press open on the PCG until to get to Bank-xxx and then you can change the destination, just like the Kronos.

BTW, I updated all the free libraries, with a few exceptions, to be 100% compatible with the Nautilus.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
tunaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You, sir, are awesome.
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Famous Synths for Nautilus Reply with quote

Quote:

The Nautilus allows you to load exactly as the Kronos. Just press open on the PCG until to get to Bank-xxx and then you can change the destination, just like the Kronos.

Busch.

Hi Busch, I thought the same thing. Turns out that you can open the PCG, but you can't load it where ever you want. I mentioned that to Korg and they said it will be fixed in a future update. If you really want to, you can get around that by first loading the PCG where it defaults and then saving the sounds "one at a time" into the bank where you want it to go. It takes awhile to do, but if you really need it to live in a specific bank, that's how you do it - for now!

People might also be aware that if you want to load something, the bank type must also match the bank that you want to load it into. In other words, you can't load a HD-1 bank into a EXs bank, and you can't load a EXs bank into a HD-1 bank. So, if you see the bank that you want to load in "greyed out" that's probably why. You can fix that my going into Global mode, where you can change the bank type over there.

Proton Cool

New Sound Libraries For Korg Synths
tunaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that to be true yesterday as well… no prompt, just installed them in bank S. Fortunately I had gone in and ensured that the bank was clear before installing.

EDIT: I re-read Busch’s statement above, and I do believe the key is to go inside the PCG to the actual bank, then perform the load. I’ll test that out in a minute, but that is likely the means to redirect.
tunaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed… guess it’s been a while since I loaded any libraries <shrug>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: