Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

D3200 shutting off on its own . HELP !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peedenmark7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:01 pm    Post subject: D3200 shutting off on its own . HELP ! Reply with quote

I picked up a D3200 in '17 and love it, but it had an occasional hiccup where it would simply shut down on its own. This is problematic when in the middle of recording and the song is not protected I lose everything in that file and have to start over.

It's not been so big an issue until I began working this summer on our new album and the thing randomly shuts down frequently.

You hear volume go up then down, then it shuts off.
The main power light actuated by the big switch on side panel , which stays lit and you simply turn it back on, but Ive had enough and am tired of losing tracks.

Is there an easy fix ? dirty switch? I've had it open and inquired about a new button switch from Korg but of course that's discontinued.

Thoughts? I'm sort of dead in the water in a holding pattern.

I thought about simply backing up my files and moving on, but I do like working with the 3200 and began looking for one with the computer monitor mod.
davekalbach

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since no-one has replied yet - I'll throw this out there.

While I haven't experienced this problem, to me it sounds like a Power Issue. If you are certain your Power In (meaning your home / studio electric) I would then be looking at the power supply. Fluctuation here can cause the shutdown you are describing.

Please post back if you find the issue. I love my D32XD, but sometimes these older units need a little maintenance

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: